Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Grades show a small part of you, such as you are good exams or good at revising. Those who do not do well exams will then get poor grades, but this bears no resemblance of their actual intelligence. And considering that exams and grading systems are put in place to pretty much put a grade on you about how good you are at a subject. Some people can't do very well on written exams, however they can explain something with no trouble at all. Each person should be judged on their own merits and not a grade designated to you.

Tell me what my grades say about me then?

I did a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Agriculture. I got MMM (triple merit).
    What is a well exam? Is the alternative an ill exam lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    What is a well exam? Is the alternative an ill exam lol?
    That was supposed to be "well in exams". I mis-type if you will.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You said I needed to 'work harder' as if its harder to get into other unis. I got offers from other universities but i preferred the course at mine. I honestly didnt think about this situation since I had a lot of other things on my mind.
    what uni are you at?

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should have got A*A*A*A* and gone to an overall more prestigious university.

(Original post by miml)
    maybe you should have got A*A*A*A* and gone to an overall more prestigious university.
    Again, I got offers from other universities. My grades are fine. The grades required at my uni are the same as the others. This has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should of not chose medicine. by the sound of it you can't handle the course

ReputationRep:
    Again, I got offers from other universities. My grades are fine. The grades required at my uni are the same as the others. This has nothing to do with it.
    You're right. My mistake. It's your attitude.

(Original post by HUBWD)
    maybe you should of not chose medicine. by the sound of it you can't handle the course
    I dont even know where you got this from but ok

ReputationRep:
    OP what uni do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was a wrong choice of yours to choose Medicine, it's a very competitive course and it seems to me that you place heavy emphasis on grades. Are you sure you know what you're getting into? I always felt like grades are a subjective thing, it's not important after university but some people seem to still have the mindset that it's the only thing that matters in life. There is more to it than just grades alone, I just hope you realize that.

(Original post by Lil3utterfly)
    Maybe it was a wrong choice of yours to choose Medicine, it's a very competitive course and it seems to me that you place heavy emphasis on grades. Are you sure you know what you're getting into? .
    This has nothing to do with my degree or my grades at all. Did you even read my post?
    I dont even know what your point is?

ReputationRep:
    This has nothing to do with my degree or my grades at all. Did you even read my post?
    I dont even know what your point is?
    It seems to me that you're asking almost everyone this 'Did you even read my post?' What I think you need right now is a place to calm down, your stress is getting ahead of you and you are over reacting.
    Move in with medical students next year, and your problem will be solved.
    I hope you realize you are going to deal with noisy people everywhere, and it won't just be where you are now. Honestly, you should have thought ahead before you applied.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like you are struggling too much for a first year medical student to be honest..its going to get much, much harder. ironically maybe you aren't cut out for it? good effort on getting those grades but the people I know doing medicine are not supreme try-hards they are just really clever and never get to bogged down in work because they always excel at it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danscott5696)
    it sounds like you are struggling too much for a first year medical student to be honest..its going to get much, much harder. ironically maybe you aren't cut out for it? good effort on getting those grades but the people I know doing medicine are not supreme try-hards they are just really clever and never get to bogged down in work because they always excel at it really.
    I know someone who got three A's and 2B's at Higher (like AS level, but the important year) after working really hard at school, and has recently graduated from medical school.

ReputationRep:
    You are in your first year. Calm down you do not need to stress out too much. You cna easily get a 1-1 in other years and relaxing this year. Enjoy life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomnCoton)
    Grow up.

BTW grades mean absolutely nothing after university; it's all about work experience. The sooner you realise that the better.

Also as you felt the need to post the grades I think you are a :troll:
    not if you're trying to become a doctor, moron

(Original post by danscott5696)
    Im not 'bogged down' in work. Im doing the average amount of work for a medical student, which is a lot. The people at my uni not doing med/dent dont have ANYWHERE near as many exams as we do - this is the problem since we live together.
    Im not struggling with the course at all, its a lot of work but that doesnt mean Im struggling

(Original post by ETRC)
    You are in your first year. Calm down you do not need to stress out too much. You cna easily get a 1-1 in other years and relaxing this year. Enjoy life
    You either pass or fail, there are no grade distinctions in medicine.
    Would be pretty ridiculous if there were

(Original post by SE9)
    not if you're trying to become a doctor, moron
    Is it just me or do you see some of the ridiculous responses people are writing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you go to Brighton and Sussex, right? You chose it, you went there, if you can't deal with the fact that you have to defend your choice of university to people who will laugh at you because of it then you shouldn't have gone there. You're doing medicine for crying out loud! Get over it! It's a big workload, sure, but that doesn't entitle you to police their University experience. Why weren't you studying with friends or at the library? I'm just saying I've haven't met many successful Medics that don't study in groups or in silence. How could you hope to do any work in halls? It halls!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.