Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a muslim girl who's fasting. Ask me anything :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maharaniii)
    Would you ever date non Muslim?
    And how do you get through fasting?

Conventional dating (kissing, holding hands etc before marriage) is forbidden in islam so I don't date. But in terms of finding a husband, no I wouldn't go for a non-muslim because Muslims are advised to marry other Muslims

I just get through it by keeping myself busy and trying not to think about food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proflash)
    1) why do you feel the need to make an AMA isnt like you've done anything to warrant one
    2) what is the reason for writing 'muslim girl' in the title
    Wow the hypocrisy and bias is UNREAL on this thread! Just wow. Why is this poor girl being asked why she felt the need to add 'muslim girl' in the thread title and not the others. People make these AMA threads including their ethnicity all the time, so why does no one interrogate them with these kinds of questions? I'm genuinely confused here someone please explain this hypocrisy to me?

I thought TSR on the whole had decent, nice, smart and accepting people. But I guess I was wrong. I don't mind the religious debates, I mean everyone has different opinions regarding religion and politics. But this. I can not tolerate. People being very obviously biased and rude and being downright hypocrites! There's a difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims, the first I can accept and the second should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    How hungry do you feel right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Hijabi)
    Conventional dating (kissing, holding hands etc before marriage) is forbidden in islam so I don't date. But in terms of finding a husband, no I wouldn't go for a non-muslim because Muslims are advised to marry other Muslims

I just get through it by keeping myself busy and trying not to think about food
    I ask because I date a Muslim lol And I am traditionally Hindu. However we are bit secular so of course you say conventional different thing, I see.

And I diet for vain reason while you fast for tradition and faith, I find very amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    How much weight do you loose when fasting?

How do you keep yourself busy? Seeing as snacking is often linked to boredom

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Believe it or not but some people actually gain weight during Ramadan. They fast the whole day but when it comes to breaking the fast, they eat like there's no tomorrow xD
    I try to eat in moderation so i think i lose about 2-3 pounds during ramadan

I just watch islamic videos on youtube and read a lot

ReputationRep:
    Why do you bother fasting. It is almost starving yourself of food and water until night time. Seems pointless and unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so cute?
    I have a thing for muslim gals with headscarves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaidan_alenko)
    How hungry do you feel right now?
    Surprisingly not that hungry. I tend to get very hungry around one or two hours before we break our fast (so around 7-8pm). During these times, I feel like i can eat a horse

(Original post by Maharaniii)

And I diet for vain reason while you fast for tradition and faith, I find very amazing
    Thank you

I diet outside ramadan too but try not to starve myself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)

I thought TSR on the whole had decent, nice, smart and accepting people. But I guess I was wrong. I don't mind the religious debates, I mean everyone has different opinions regarding religion and politics. But this. I can not tolerate. People being very obviously biased and rude and being downright hypocrites! There's a difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims, the first I can accept and the second should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Join date 2012...

bit of a slow one aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Wow the hypocrisy and bias is UNREAL on this thread! Just wow. Why is this poor girl being asked why she felt the need to add 'muslim girl' in the thread title and not the others. People make these AMA threads including their ethnicity all the time, so why does no one interrogate them with these kinds of questions? I'm genuinely confused here someone please explain this hypocrisy to me?

Thanks for defending me I guess that's just tsr for you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKian)
    Why do you bother fasting. It is almost starving yourself of food and water until night time. Seems pointless and unhealthy
    We fast from dawn till sunset.

I don't think it's pointless at all. Millions starve for days around the world. It teaches you gratitude and self discipline. I love the fact that i'm doing it for my Lord so it's worth it. But each to their own opinions of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proflash)
    Join date 2012...

bit of a slow one aren't you?
    So you admit that you're the opposite of all of those qualities I mentioned then? Are you not gonna at least try and refute my claims, or do you accept them :confused:

I like to believe most people on the whole are nice people, it helps me retain my faith in humanity and keep my sanity. But you're right I guess, I'm starting to realise. Thank you for the life lesson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Why are you so cute?
    I have a thing for muslim gals with headscarves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha :*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)
    That would be a superb answer except for one important point. It was wrong. They are red.
    oops

ReputationRep:

The other thing is most people create these threads out of boredom just to have a little bit of fun and then you've got people raging like "Why are you such attention-seeker!?" Some peeps on TSR just need to a take time out to chill.

ReputationRep:
    Fasting helps you physically and spiritually.
    Some examples:
    Physically
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Healthyra...andhealth.aspx

Spiritually
    During Ramadan you give up halal things like food so after Ramadan it is easier for you to give up haram things
    During Ramadan you are starving and are thirsty but you do not give in because you are doing it for Allah so even though you become physically weak your heart grows stronger in love for Allah

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever resented your religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Have you ever resented your religion?
    Nope i've always loved my religion and always will. Ofcourse, there have been times where I questioned certain things but my faith is always restored because there's always an answer to my questions (either in the Qur'an or in a hadith)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Hijabi)
    Nope i've always loved my religion and always will. Ofcourse, there have been times where I questioned certain things but my faith is always restored because there's always an answer to my questions (either in the Qur'an or in a hadith)
    That's great to know seeing as Islam has received such bad press recently. Good luck with the rest of Ramadam btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    That's great to know seeing as Islam has received such bad press recently. Good luck with the rest of Ramadam btw
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.