Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it risky applying through an agency? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say 'owned', but they're the ones you worked for and who can do a reference etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    So it depends on the agency?

What happens if you are student looking for a one year placement? Are you owned by the company or agent?

So on your CV do you put the agency as your place of work or do you put your actual company?

OMD whats with the questions?! Just ask them if you have any questions.

With my CV, they took it and put their logo at the top and took away my contact details etc because when the interviewer looks at the CV, they speak to the agency if they like you or not, therefore they don't need your contact details.

I don't know what happens in a load of different instances...don't you have connexions or something at uni?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    OMD whats with the questions?! Just ask them if you have any questions.

With my CV, they took it and put their logo at the top and took away my contact details etc because when the interviewer looks at the CV, they speak to the agency if they like you or not, therefore they don't need your contact details.

I don't know what happens in a load of different instances...don't you have connexions or something at uni?!
    No I don't have conexxions at uni... thats why im asking in this forum
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    No I don't have conexxions at uni... thats why im asking in this forum
    You should avoid Conexxions like the plague, they are hopeless. But every University has a careers service and you should make as much use of it as you can, from your first term onwards!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.