Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst countries to be in as a minority? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    I know. I'm joking.

Though I wouldn't like to be a minority in Russia

Depends where. Russia is huge. Like, I would not mind being a minority in some isolated place with one other inhabitant and some wildlife. But in mainstream society? Yes definitely agree.

ReputationRep:
    Deep Eastern European countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Which countries are especially racist in their culture? Who has had the worst history in terms of race relations?
    From my experience, Certainly Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)
    From my experience, Certainly Germany.
    Been to Berlin, didn't feel excluded at all, and I'm clearly a tourist. Did you have a different experience? Unless you mean the historical side of things, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Been to Berlin, didn't feel excluded at all, and I'm clearly a tourist. Did you have a different experience? Unless you mean the historical side of things, obviously.
    Are you White?? I'm brown and I was born in Germany, brought up there, but the way they treated me..:eek:

Obviously not every German but yeah most for sure. Plus, Berlin is tourist attraction, you cannot really compare it to those who live there on a daily a basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)
    Are you White?? I'm brown and I was born in Germany, brought up there, but the way they treated me..:eek:

Obviously not every German but yeah most for sure. Plus, Berlin is tourist attraction, you cannot really compare it to those who live there on a daily a basis.
    If that is true, I am quite sorry. Can you give examples of what you mean though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornelius)
    If that is true, I am quite sorry. Can you give examples of what you mean though?
    Aww so nice of you.

So on a daily basis, I was made fun of me cos of my headscarf. Not every teacher but some were very racist, e.g. not rewarding the honest marks that I deserved. Ignoring the situation where students offended me. My parents were also made fun of. Name calling e.g. terrorists and Brownie. Calling me "Auslander" which means "Outsider", although I was born and brought up in Germany.
    There are many examples!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    UAE.

The way the treat people.... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Pakistan.
    True. I would say they are the most racist western country, along with Australia. They are the most racist western countries by some distance.
    could you 3 be more specific?

ReputationRep:
    According to the guardian, us, by a million miles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    North Pole. If you're not an elf or a reindeer you're nothing.
    Really? I heard it was run dictatorially by an old white human guy tbh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A lot of African countries would be pretty bad. Especially the ones which have wars like South Sudan and Central African Republic.

ReputationRep:
    Urban England being English definetly. Bristol and London are a total lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Pakistan, rural Japan and large parts of Africa are particularly intolerant of foreigners.

Anyone saying a Western country clearly hasn't traveled much.
    You've never been pakistan? They like foreigners as, from places I've been, they need them in order to survive. They won't just kill you because you look different ffs peoples misconceptions are ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    True. I would say they are the most racist western country, along with Australia. They are the most racist western countries by some distance.
    Australia isn't a Western country It may have a similar culture to that of the UK/America, but your geography is erroneous.

ReputationRep:
    Zimbabwe

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't like to be a minority in Russia. I've been threatened there just because I live in the UK even though both my parents are Russian, so being a minority there must be peak.

ReputationRep:
    Women/atheist/christian/child/unarmed man in Somalia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    Zimbabwe
    Have you even been there? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea&scrabble)
    Have you even been there? lol
    Robert Mugabe.

OT Russia, China, and India bad place for black people.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much every.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.