ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! Is it just you or your whole family? That was well said aha! No I dont have a religion. It's interesting to to hear about the things people sometimes do differently like weddings and celebrations etc. There are so many cultures out there. The fair was at the university of bham, there were so many people there! Im the same, questioning whether I will get the grades to get onto courses. No clue what to put on my personal statement as well :/ x

ReputationRep:
    My whole family but I kinda lost touch well a lot lol tbh with you its put my mind at peace knowing I have a strong faith to belive In but many of my friends are non believers and I'm totally cool with that and yeah weddings wise it's traditional and because my ethnic background is pakistani our weddings can get pretty epic lol have u ever been to one? And occasions wise we're actually in the month of Ramadan where we fast and things ..oh that's cool I wanna apply for somewhere in bham, and I know right tell me about it I have no clue whatsoever lmao xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know! some people have problems with mixing with people different to them & i just think why haha. I've never been to a Pakistani wedding before, tbh i dont actually think i know anyone from that culture. Are they vibrant and carnivally or quite serious? So does that mean your fasting? Is it hard? Id be starving aha! You'd have to get used to the accents :P i babble quite a lot as well so its gonna be hard for me to only write a limited amount of words x

ReputationRep:
    Well our weddings are just crazy it takes like one full week for everything and oh my seriously? Well I bet you're glad you've met me .. and yeah I hate close minded people their so narrow and stuck up haha.. don't worry lol I have the same problem I never know hen to shutup xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I bet the atmosphere during them is just amazing! Yep... No jokes & it made my week haha seriously I was quite nervous about like replying to people on here and stuff at first but glad I got over that lol its wierd caus I used to be dead shy but the last couple of years ive really got louder haha some say I have volume control issues lately :/ xx

ReputationRep:
    Aww seriously I'm shy at times but most of the time I'm pretty outgoing and confident but if I'm with people who are going to judge me in a negative way then I'm pretty intimidated and don't do as best I can :/ I need to seriously overcome these issues :/ xx

ReputationRep:
    Im so much better than I used to be im shy when I first meet new people but within an hour im completely fine aha I want to do stuff before I go off to uni though like travelling which will boost my confidence even more & we will overcome those issues i think as we get more independent xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah totally true ! There's been these residential things at my school but I didn't go because I didn't wanna be with the people going as we don't get along so I'm just tryina find things outta school xx

ReputationRep:
    Same here, last week the school sent letters out about new York but its the people doing it that makes me not want to go. There's some really good stuff out there to do, its almost become a hobby looking online for them the amount of time I spend on it haha sad but... Aha! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get what u mean and omg new York that's ace !! Ours aren't that amazing but still they're good to have on your personal statement and seriously wish I could just get rid of the people I dislike they're so petty and annoying like I'm the newby at the 6th form I started and I knew nobody.. I made a few friends and because they were guys and the majority of the school population is Asian I was talked about for a few months like 'omg she's friends with all they guys' LMAO like what the actual hell I found it easier to get along with guys because so many girls there are so fake but yeah I found it kinda hard to settle in although I got popular without even realising :/ I'm not about that life ahah I like minding my own business xx

ReputationRep:
    It sounded amazing but the company didnt lmfao my 6th form isn't too bad tbh just with some of the girls its just constant *****ing and backstabbing but im just stay away and dont want to deal with the drama >.< But anyways aha... That was judgemental of them, probably just jealous of you being with the guys or some girly issue like that lol im deffo not popular but happy with the friends i do have you just the lets go with the flow kinda girl lol xx

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh lol and I guess so :/ it's hard to ignore them though but oh well and that's good oh my there's like 5 minutes left for me to open my fast yaayyy xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going sound stupid saying this aha but what does that mean to 'open my fast'? xx

ReputationRep:
    Lmao no no don't worry about it basically because I'm Muslim we have this specific month in the year where we fast for 30 days. Fasting is where we don't eat food during the day but we do just before sunrise and then to open or to break the fast we eat just after sunset it's really really tough and even more so since the weather is so sunny and warm it's basically a month of self reflection and peace xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you eat as much as you want in the time your able to eat or is it only certain foods and amounts of it Xx

ReputationRep:
    You can eat as much or as little as you want. Eating healthily helps so much because you're body's full of nutrients and goodness but eating fats food will then make you thirty during the day and tired xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It sounds so tough and hard-going! Is there many in your school that do it as well? xx

ReputationRep:
    Trust me it is but I suppose you get used to it.. and yeah like 90% of my school is Muslim lol xx

ReputationRep:
    id need loads of determination and willpower aha there so much temptation out there xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.