Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    They need to cash in your Maths AS as well as Maths A level.
    Well my tutor told me that edexcel will arrange to your best scenario so I guess happens automatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some Math Nerd)
    The rules:

Mathematics - Compulsory Units: C1-4; Possible Application Units: D1D2, M1M2, S1S2, D1M1, D1S1, M1D1.
    A* - gain a total of 180 UMS in C3 & C4, and 480 UMS for all six units taken.

Further Maths - Compulsory Units: FP1, FP2/3; Possible Application Units: The remaining AS unit(s), the remaining FP unit, and other A2 units built consecutively (i.e. If you have taken M1, you cannot take M3 without M2)
    A* - gain a total of 270 UMS in the BEST THREE A2 units (note this does not have to include FP2 or FP3) and 480 UMS for all six units taken.

F. A. Maths - Compulsory Units: None; Possible Application Units: All units not previously cashed in.

A* - gain a total of 270 UMS in the BEST THREE A2 units and 480 UMS for all six units taken.

AS Units: C1, C2, D1, FP1, M1, S1
    A2 Units: C3-4, D2, FP2-3, M2-5, S2-4
    But I know someone who is taking Further Maths AS and was given a choice between FP2;M2 which M2 is a A2 unit? So you're saying that my S2 won't go towards Further AS? only either Further A2 if not used for Normal Maths. But I'm sure that FP1,S1,D2 was used this yr for my Further AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    Well my tutor told me that edexcel will arrange to your best scenario so I guess happens automatically.
    Edexcel will arrange to get your best scenario but only from modules that are not "locked in" to a qualification already. Re-cashing in Maths A level and Maths AS unlocks the units that were used for those.

ReputationRep:
    Just a generic question:
    Can S3 be counted and S2 be discarded, or is this not the case?

Which is the harder between S3 and M2? If this helps my Core is quite strong so is M2 more similar? People say M1 is harder than M2?
    But S3 is good for economics/econometrics so this is posing a slight problem.
    Also Which module between FP2 and FP3 is good for making C3 and C4 seem easier if so?My school has chosen FP3 for me already though.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel arrange the best scenario IF the exams officer has got the admin right.

ReputationRep:
    Can S3 be counted and S2 be discarded, or is this not the case?.
    Yes.

Which is the harder between S3 and M2?
    Down to personal preference as the exam boards aim to make the units of similar difficulty. I'd pick Mechanics every time as I find stats unsatisfying

JWhich module between FP2 and FP3 is good for making C3 and C4 seem easier if so?My school has chosen FP3 for me already though.
    Do what your school does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    Edexcel arrange the best scenario IF the exams officer has got the admin right.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    Yes.

Down to personal preference as the exam boards aim to make the units of similar difficulty. I'd pick Mechanics every time as I find stats unsatisfying

Do what your school does.
    With regards to S3 being counted without S2, if you scroll up "Somemathnerd" says that this is probably not true.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.