legend of zelda ocarina of time / majoras mask

ReputationRep:
    Age of Mythology
    007 Goldeneye on the N64
    James Bond 007: Nightfire
    Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
    Yep I bought the AoE bundle for £10... unfortunately I got bored of AoE3 really quickly so that was a waste of money, but at least there are still people playing AoE2 online last time I checked!
    Yeah AoE 2 is pretty good! I like the high resolution support and working multiplayer. The multiplayer part is still pretty buggy, but good enough to get games going most of the time.

We have a group of friends on Facebook that just started playing AoE 2 every couple days, and it's just so much more fun when you know everyone in the game. Most of us have played the game decades ago, so there's a lot of nostalgia also. We can usually get close to 8 players, and some people had to wait on a few occasions because we had too many people.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh and also Worms Armageddon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol... definitely a classic!
    Try OpenRA. It's a new clone of Red Alert / C&C95 that has been rewritten from the ground up, new features that make it more modern and working multiplayer without really harming the original formula.

(Original post by Br33gu11)
    I collect retro games and systems, and love playing through old favourites and stuff I missed out on at the time. Also been reliving a lot of PC classics since GOG launched and made them easier to run, though still own my original copies of a lot of them too. Don't focus on any particular series' or genres, so there's quite a wide range that I play. I am a big Sega fan though, so got quite a lot of stuff on their consoles.
    Dosbox is a lifesaver. I collect retro video games too.

Just a picture of my super old CRT television that I use for older consoles and my Atari 2600 Woody with games.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Br33gu11)
    Yeah, I used DOSBox a lot before GOG. Still use it for a couple of favourites that haven't been re-released, but there were some games I had problems with and it's a lot easier to deal with those now that they've been optimised.
    Well any other game that won't run in DOSbox might run in a virtual machine with Windows 95 or MS-DOS installed since they typically don't need any fancy hardware acceleration and I think Virtualbox can emulate a Soundblaster 16 just fine.

All mine are boxed away too, I mean that picture was taken in 2011. Again it's just space. It's an expensive and space consuming hobby!

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Spyro PS1 trilogy
    Crash Bandicoot PS1 trilogy
    Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Super Metroid (SNES)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Spyro PS1 trilogy
    Crash Bandicoot PS1 trilogy
    Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Super Metroid (SNES)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    I definitely have to come to yours and play those

Bomberman64 is also another classic I would love to play.

As for ones I currently play, Age of Mythology has to be on there. Unreal Tournament 1999 is one of my favourite games ever, fast paced FPS which I could play all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    As for ones I currently play, Age of Mythology has to be on there. Unreal Tournament 1999 is one of my favourite games ever, fast paced FPS which I could play all day.
    Age of Mythology is amazing. Still has a lot of dedicated players and there's the HD remake of it on Steam.

ReputationRep:
    Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are good classics that I still play on my Ps1

ReputationRep:
    Tiberian Sun

ReputationRep:
    Monopoly and GTA San Andreas.

ReputationRep:
    Pharoah for the PC! Love that game

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here ever still play classic games e.g. 10+ years old?

Some games I play from time to time:

Unreal Tournament (Original UT99 and 2004)
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 + 2
    Deus Ex 1
    Freelancer
    Doom
    Half Life 1 + 2 / Mods
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Age of Empires 2
    Starcraft 1
    Warcraft 1, 2 and 3
    We would make great friends haha, I go through phases of playing Freelancer Discovery mod online, I guess in my desire to play a space sim whilst Star Citizen is being developed, though I may get my hands on Elite: Dangerous in the near future.

I myself play:
    - Freelancer
    - Pokemon Yellow/Red/Blue
    - Ridge Racer Revolution
    - AoE 2
    - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    - Gran Turismo 2

ReputationRep:
    I play Rogue Galaxy quite a bit, it's a terrific game!

I've also recently played Theme Park World 1 & 2, and a few of the SNES mario titles.

ReputationRep:
    Spyro the Dragon

ReputationRep:
    The older C&C's...

Great that the first 3 are now freeware also a rather cool free to download mod that combines both C&C and RA with a couple of new balancing units.

Also use the same site for online gaming for it, they host their own servers and they do still have a few people knocking about on it.

http://cncnet.org/

ReputationRep:
    Age of Wonders 1

Lost Vikings

Pong

ReputationRep:
    Dungeon Keeper
    Grim Fandango
    Theme Hospital and Theme Park
    Monkey Island
    Sid Meyer's Pirates
    Constructor
    Civilisation
    Final Fantasy VII
    Shadow of the Colossus

Does virtual console on the 3DS count? As I have a lot of those games downloaded.... Zelda, Metroid, Wario..etc.

I saw someone posted Total Annihiliation earlier, I really would like to play that again. It actually came free with my Packard Bell PC back in the day haha. It also came with Fallout... and a fairly decent point and click game based on the Bladerunner film, anyone happen to remember that one? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_R...97_video_game)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.