Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?
    God doesn't definitely exist, while gay people definitely do. Whose needs should be considered first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    I guess it depends what your definition of normal and natural is.
    Same as most people I'd imagine.

Normal is the typical way in which an event happen. Gay couples can't have children through sexual reproduction like a lot of straight couples, so they adopt. This is the normal way it happens.

Natural is something that exists in nature, not solely man-made constructs.

Also begs the question of even if it was abnormal and unnatural, so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    It's great to see so much ignorance in one post.

Firstly, God designed?
    Great premise. I see you haven't heard of critical reasoning. Perhaps you could premise your argument on something beyond "I'm like a five year old who believes Father Christmas is real".
    Secondly: Women can die from child birth. You don't think that a man would be able to raise the child? Or 2 men?
    Thirdly: The only disadvantage that a child has is from those who say that there is a disadvantage and spread homophobia (and lets be honest, general bigotry).
    Thirdly, you can tell that the poster is not talking about child birth but raising a child.
    And fourthly, Why on earth would you think it's okay to stigmatise those who have mental retardation? Jackass.
    God may have designed it or ****ing aliens from the planet venasaur could have designed it for all I care. The point was that while men and women are biologically compatible, two men are not. This is how it has been from the beginning of time.I don't give an actual **** why or how that came to be but that's just how it is.

ReputationRep:
    Well i guess this matter is one in which we all have highly polarised views.

To those who criticise or oppose the naysayers, please do not assume that we are homophobic or "anti gay".

I personally couldnt give a toot if someone is gay, straight or likes having sex with goats.

However it is my personal view that for two men to procure a child in this way is abhorrent, abnormal and unnatural.

That is all i will say as i could never ever convince others who disagree that it is so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Do you not think that's just the slightest bit extreme? :lolwut:
    No.
    I would be livid if two men robbed me of having a mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    God may have designed it or ****ing aliens from the planet venasaur could have designed it for all I care. The point was that while men and women are biologically compatible, two men are not. This is how it has been from the beginning of time.I don't give an actual **** why or how that came to be but that's just how it is, so stfu.
    So I should shut up because you're wrong?

You have premised the following in this post of yours:

Being in a relationship where a child can be produced means that you can raise children in that relationship.
    Being in a relationship where a child cannot be produced means that you cannot/should not raise a child in that relationship.

So I guess all infertile people should also be blacklisted from adoption lists in your opinion?

I can't wait to see your argument that connects them (as opposed to assuming that that is the case).

ReputationRep:
    Well i guess this matter is one in which we all have highly polarised views.

To those who criticise or oppose the naysayers, please do not assume that we are homophobic or "anti gay".

I personally couldnt give a toot if someone is gay, straight or likes having sex with goats.

However it is my personal view that for two men to procure a child in this way is abhorrent, abnormal and unnatural.

That is all i will say as i could never ever convince others who disagree that it is so.
    No, you are homophobic. Waiting for you to reply to my above post. I quoted you and everything. Bigot.

ReputationRep:
    It's great to see so much ignorance in one post.

Firstly, God designed?
    Great premise. I see you haven't heard of critical reasoning. Perhaps you could premise your argument on something beyond "I'm like a five year old who believes Father Christmas is real". Jackass.
    Umm are you saying it's ignorant to believe in God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Den Haag)
    I'm all for full gay rights but something in me finds that photo very disturbing.
    I presume you are referring to the rather cheesy black and white photo effect, and the company logo that is rudely plastered over the picture?

ReputationRep:
    No, you are homophobic. Waiting for you to reply to my above post. I quoted you and everything. Bigot.
    I will not be responding to your post. There is no way i could convince you and so i shall not even try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilpasajan)
    Umm are you saying it's ignorant to believe in God?
    I'm saying it's ignorant to premise God's existing in an argument when God's existence hasn't been shown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicCx)
    No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.
    Illogical statement. Did you not sit GCSE biology in school? You're essentially denying biological norms to try and carry your argument. Same sex couples can't have children. Women have children. These sane sex couples adopt like many different sex couples do.

(Original post by Freudian Slip)
    your sexuality shouldn't restrict your right to parenthood.
    If nature intended for 2 same sex people to have children, why can't they? Unless you have made a breakthrough in the field of biology then there is no chance of what you said happening.

I don't see the issues with same sex couples adopting but at the same time I think like with any adoption the child should be with its mother in the early stages and adopted after a certain period of time. The maternal bond especially in the early stages is important. To deny a child this is quite frankly disgusting and disturbing because nature and nurture are both as important and to dismiss one in favour of the other is beyond absurd.
    The awkward moment when you realise that your argument is made out of horse ****e!

A) Being abnormal isn't inherently wrong.
    B) Being unnatural isn't inherently wrong.

Nature and being normal are in no way inherently moral issues.

But I like that you claim nature as your moral compass, tell me, which tree are you typing on?

Or did Adam and Steve get given laptops by the nice bearded man in your imaginary beliefs? (am I describing father Christmas or God?)
    Can't believe you wish to deny a child the right to its natural and biological mother who due to being his natural mother can nurture the child maternally in a way no man can (its proven the maternal bond early on can be key to development later) and you wish to deny a child this for what you believe are societal advancements in the modern world....

I find that quite disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    I will not be responding to your post. There is no way i could convince you and so i shall not even try.
    You won't even try to put an argument up that isn't based on a logical fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    Illogical statement. Did you not sit GCSE biology in school? You're essentially denying biological norms to try and carry your argument. Same sex couples can't have children. Women have children. These sane sex couples adopt like many different sex couples do.

If nature intended for 2 same sex people to have children, why can't they? Unless you have made a breakthrough in the field of biology then there is no chance of what you said happening.

I don't see the issues with same sex couples adopting but at the same time I think like with any adoption the child should be with its mother in the early stages and adopted after a certain period of time. The maternal bond especially in the early stages is important. To deny a child this is quite frankly disgusting and disturbing because nature and nurture are both as important and to dismiss one in favour of the other is beyond absurd.

Can't believe you wish to deny a child the right to its natural and biological mother who due to being his natural mother can nurture the child maternally in a way no man can (its proven the maternal bond early on can be key to development later) and you wish to deny a child this for what you believe are societal advancements in the modern world....

I find that quite disturbing.
    No such 'right' exists.

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying it's ignorant to premise God's existing in an argument when God's existence hasn't been shown.
    But what if you're a faithful christian? You're taught that God exists, therefore you have full right to use it in an argument. By saying it's ignorant to do so, you're disrespecting the teachings of Christianity...

ReputationRep:
    I was raised by straight parents and I'm not straight, so how is it any different with gay parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    I'm gay and I want kids some day, but this photo is a bit creepy.

Why are they naked o.O
    Because skin to skin bonding is really important when the child is born.
    I was very reassured by the fact they were doing that personally.

So maybe its best you leave off having kids for a while until you know the first thing about parenting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilpasajan)
    But what if you're a faithful christian? You're taught that God exists, therefore you have full right to use it in an argument. By saying it's ignorant to do so, you're disrespecting the teachings of Christianity...
    *yawn* it'd be nice if you made a coherent argument.
    Yes of course you have the right to say that. I have the right to say that all dogs come from magma and therefore all volcanoes should be equipped with dog care units and giant water bowls. I have the right to say that next Sunday aliens will start giving us amazing technologies where we will have unlimited resources.
    I have the right to say almost anything (not inciting violence etc. of course).

You have the right to say that God exists and therefore blah blah blah.

That does not mean that it has any place in a logical argument. You cannot just assume random premises and expect to get away with it.

And doing so is ignorant. Especially when you're using such a premise when talking to strangers. If you and someone else agree first that God exists, fine. But that isn't the case, therefore it is not an acceptable premise.

And Nothing I said in that post disrespected the teachings of Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    No such 'right' exists.
    Its a natural right, like the right to life. Taking a child from its biological mother is disgusting. Doing the same to animals like dogs is equally disgusting.

The very fact you or anyone want to deny a child or baby animal the maternal love of its true biological mother is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    It is abnormal and unnatural for two men to procure a child in this manner.
    I guess you are against infertile women using surrogate mothers as well then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.