Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am the new marketing officer at Bradford College and University Centre and I have just graduated from University myself this year, so I know how hard it is to choose the right place. No town or city you decide to study at will be perfect. The best advice I can give is that your university experience is what you make it, how much you get involved with societies and sports, the friendships you make and exploring the town and surrounding areas to find your own personal favourite places.

Bradford is currently underdoing many redevelopments. For example; they are currently building a brand new shopping centre and our centenary square in the city centre has been modernised so it now includes an outdoor paddling area and lots of restaurants and a great bar. There is also a cinema, Alhambra Theatre and Media Museum in the city centre. There are a few night clubs in the town centre which do great student nights. Flares Refelx, Tokyo, Che Bar, Weatherspoons, Tequila and Candy are just some I can think of.

And not to mention the changes which are currently happening here at Bradford College. The new state of the art, David Hockney building is opening in September 2014 and next year a new Advanced Technologies building will also be opening to provide our students with extra facilities to improve their studies here.

Here is a useful website which I hope can clear up any doubts and will tell you a little bit more about Bradford... http://www.visitbradford.com/

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my 4th year at Bradford Uni and I love it here. I came in through clearing and I always say that Bradford is the best mistake I've ever made haha.

Seriously though, the city is undergoing a big transformation and is now so much nicer and still dirt cheap to live in. The Uni is great and there's quite a lot of exchange students and people coming from Canada and the US so you won't be able to get away from them.

There are regular city events and festivals, etc but you can get a £3 train ticket to Leeds if you want bigger events. Student life in Bradford is really good as long as you get involved. Joining a sport or society is usually a good idea as you get a big group of mates who all go out together (mainly on Wednesdays and Fridays).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want any more information or general advise.

Rob

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.