Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moobs or pecs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    It depends on how long you've had it. Most men will get a bout of gyno, many will live with it their whole lives without knowing because it's too small to notice. It comes in your teens when you have high amounts of test and estrogen. In most cases it leaves or reduces but for some men it will stay. If it hasn't disappeared within a few months to a year or so it's unlikely to ever go unfortunately and the only way to get rid of it is through surgery.

TBH though by simply bulking your chest then cutting you can reduce the appearance of gyno significantly.

Gyno can also be caused by steroid use and unless you go on a proper cycle then a proper pct you can develop quite significant gyno hence many gym idiots that take roids without proper knowledge end up with weird pigeon tits on top of their pecs.
    insightful, so if you use roids then it increases the chance of getting gyno?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)
    insightful, so if you use roids then it increases the chance of getting gyno?
    Yes, anabolic steroids decrease natural test production because of an increase in synthetic test, it also increases estrogen production especially nearer the end and after you have finished your cycle, estrogen production will be through the roof and this is what causes gyno. Hence why people go on a post cycle therapy to prevent gyno and start back natural test production.

Note: tsr probably don't like people talking about taking steroids so I must point out that I'm not condoning the use of steroids I'm just explaining what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, anabolic steroids decrease natural test production because of an increase in synthetic test, it also increases estrogen production especially nearer the end and after you have finished your cycle, estrogen production will be through the roof and this is what causes gyno. Hence why people go on a post cycle therapy to prevent gyno and start back natural test production.

Note: tsr probably don't like people talking about taking steroids so I must point out that I'm not condoning the use of steroids I'm just explaining what happens.
    right yeah I see now thanks. So really the only pros of roids are more muscles right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)
    right yeah I see now thanks. So really the only pros of roids are more muscles right?

No, steroids have multiple beneficial uses from improving aesthetics and making a person stronger to use in medicine for cancer patients, people with HIV and AIDS, astronauts may start using them for long distance space travel. They can be used for all sorts of ailments and reasons.

They aren't bad by any means it's just if you abuse them and don't know what you are doing you will end up suffering the consequences. But I wouldn't say the only pros are for adding more muscle. People can go for years and years using them simply for bodybuilding and it will do them absolutely no harm because they know how to cycle and not to abuse them.

My last point about not condoning the use of roids was just to ensure I wasn't breaking any rules of tsr. Although tbf it's not even illegal to use steroids so I probably am not even breaking any rules, but just in case - I don't condone the use lol.

It depends on how long you've had it. Most men will get a bout of gyno, many will live with it their whole lives without knowing because it's too small to notice. It comes in your teens when you have high amounts of test and estrogen. In most cases it leaves or reduces but for some men it will stay. If it hasn't disappeared within a few months to a year or so it's unlikely to ever go unfortunately and the only way to get rid of it is through surgery.

TBH though by simply bulking your chest then cutting you can reduce the appearance of gyno significantly.

Gyno can also be caused by steroid use and unless you go on a proper cycle then a proper pct you can develop quite significant gyno hence many gym idiots that take roids without proper knowledge end up with weird pigeon tits on top of their pecs.
    Would you say that I have gyno or just fat covering the chest? Furthermore, does steroids have any influence on muscle insertions or the capacity to develop muscle in places I struggle to grow (calves)?

Mods I am not advocating the use of steroids!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you say that I have gyno or just fat covering the chest? Furthermore, does steroids have any influence on muscle insertions or the capacity to develop muscle in places I struggle to grow (calves)?

Mods I am not advocating the use of steroids!

I couldn't say if you have gyno, it doesn't look like it but I'm not a GP so if you do have gyno it's not noticeable thus no need to worry about it.

Steroids merely aid muscle growth, but if you want muscle to grow in problem areas then you need to specifically target these areas whether using supplements or not. Also steroid use, in general if people want to be serious and responsible about it, then they shouldn't even consider taking steroids until they are at a stage of significant muscle mass and strength that they have achieved naturally.

Taking steroids too early will bulk you up but you will lose all of it not long after you have finished your cycle due to not only being inexperienced with steroid use, but also being inexperience as a bodybuilder/lifter, not having a good naturally built frame and natural base strength, not having a high enough BMR in proportion to your natural lean mass etc. Most importantly for relatively new lifters, any gains they get from steroid use they could fairly easily get naturally in a fairly quick time as well so taking steroids wouldn't be necessary. Not that I'm saying you personally want to take them, just in general.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.