Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sell my car of take it to Uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used buses and trains in the first year of uni, and they proved to be irritating and unreliable particularly for getting to work. But in second year my Mum upgraded her car and gave it to me, it's an 07 renault megane and I love it! It's so much easier for getting to work, food shopping and going to uni, of course it is expensive but it is worth it. You get to see more of the surrounding areas and allow you to explore but you'll definitely need a part time job to keep it on the road!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    Am out.
    Good riddance, Philastine

ReputationRep:
    DEFINITELY take it. I learned, passed and bought a car while at uni and it was the best decision ever. I used it mainly to get to and from work as the campus was only a short walk, but just having the car gave me so much more freedom. You'll be surprised how often you'll use it for going out (remember you're stuck there for three years with the joys of public transport), carrying shopping/uni equipment, etc. Unless you know all the amenities you need are within walking distance, I would definitely opt for the car.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all so much for your comments and suggestions, but unfortunately the decision may have been made for me, as yesterday a van driver rear ended me at high speed and did some bad damage to my poor car If it costs more to repair than the value of the car I'll be taking a pay out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.