Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being on the pill Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dianetteuser)
    Ah yeah- i used Zineryt for a few months. However, i found it very drying and in the end decided i just wanted to find something to give me some relief internally. Thanks for the advice though. Had really good skin for the past couple of weeks, however i've just broke out really really badly. About 10 days into month 3, is this normal to still be breaking out occasionally?

Thanks so much for your reply
    Hi, i started dianette 2 weeks ago, and my skin is exposed with acne, huge cystic acne on my cheeks, and loads and loads of small under the skin spots on my forehead, cheeks and *jawline (*which i never had before), i was just wondering if this is normal, will it get better? and how is your skin doing now on month 3, ive heard its supposed to clear up by month 3?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dianetteuser)
    How did you find the Dianette for your acne? I'm currently on my 7 day break of month two and really desperate for results soon. So fed up of this persistent awful skin Have seen people have such amazing results from this pill
    Hi, i started dianette 2 weeks ago, and my skin is exposed with acne, huge cystic acne on my cheeks, and loads and loads of small under the skin spots on my forehead, cheeks and *jawline (*which i never had before), i was just wondering if this is normal, will it get better? How is your skin doing now, is it any better? I really WANT/NEED this too work
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxheidizx)
    Hi, i started dianette 2 weeks ago, and my skin is exposed with acne, huge cystic acne on my cheeks, and loads and loads of small under the skin spots on my forehead, cheeks and *jawline (*which i never had before), i was just wondering if this is normal, will it get better? How is your skin doing now, is it any better? I really WANT/NEED this too work
    Thank you!
    I have been on dianette for just over 1 year and I'm 18 now. I have found its been the only thing that has had any positive effect on my skin. I had pretty bad acne with red cysts on my cheeks and lots of smaller ones on my forehead. Now it has largely cleared on my cheeks. My forehead is still a little bumpy and I currently have 2/3 really awful spots but this is a MASSIVE improvement to how my skin used to be. My acne scars are fading slowly. I find it is no longer a worry of mine which is an amazing feeling. My results were gradual. Wait at least 3 months best of luck and I hope it works for you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for answering Thats brilliant, i am really glad that it has worked for you! thank you i will stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxheidizx)
    Thank you for answering Thats brilliant, i am really glad that it has worked for you! thank you i will stick with it.
    Hi- i'm currently a week into month 4. Skin is still very up and down however it has very good spells and they seem to last a little bit longer each time and i've spoke to a lot of Dianette users on acne.org who have found that during month 4 when they got to the clear part of the month they stayed clear. but its VERY VERY up and down its shocking. You should get clearer moments during month 2, thats when i did. Hoping this month I will stay clear with no up and downs! Getting very very very desperate to have my skin back

ReputationRep:
    It is interesting, I have´t a clue
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    Being on the pill to treat period problems does not treat the underlying cause, it just covers it up. I would come off the pill, and go back to your doctor and ask for blood tests and to be referred to a gynecologist to look into why your periods are irregular
    I've been thinking about that recently, ever since it's annoying to remember to take my pills.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.