Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    "ACTUALLY, we don't even HAVE any policies!!!! So THERE!!!"
    Exactly, they brush off one allegation with one almost as bad. You'd be better off keeping your fingers crossed for a swing against Europe in the Tory party if you wanted out of the EU. I personally don't want out but that's not my main issue with Ukip at all. I like people disagreeing with me- it makes life more interesting. But Ukip's brand of politics is just daft and they show no signs at all that they'd be fit to run a country.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrfletch)
    Exactly, they brush off one allegation with one almost as bad. You'd be better off keeping your fingers crossed for a swing against Europe in the Tory party if you wanted out of the EU. I personally don't want out but that's not my main issue with Ukip at all. I like people disagreeing with me- it makes life more interesting. But Ukip's brand of politics is just daft and they show no signs at all that they'd be fit to run a country.
    I would like to leave the EU in an ideal world. But if leaving meant giving more power to anti-environmentalists like UKIP who seem to have an ideological opposition to environmental regulations, I would happily put up with the EU. The EU isn't the most important issue, environment issues and climate change policies I would consider to be much more important and they would be at risk if UKIP grew much more.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike because they don't actually care about helping britain or doing good in general beyond making broad sweeping declarations. There have been numerous opportunities for them to do good in the EU parliament but they have refused to.

The most galling example of this to me was voting against legislation to clamp down on illegal ivory trade that is causing every species of Rhino and Elephant to be at risk of extinction. They voted against it because they didn't want to give the EU more power.

More relevant to british interests is the fact that when millions of fish gathered by british fishermen were being discarded in spite of good quality because of EU policy, Farage attended just one meeting of the fisheries committee in three years, out of a total of 42 meetings.

In the end a celebrity chef managed to get legislation changed aftering getting an international petition going to change the discard policy. Then UKIP have the nerve to harp on about the plight of british fishermen when they did nothing to help.

ReputationRep:
    I see UKIP as a wannabe BNP which both of these parties are racist but anyway the UK is a racist country anyway

ReputationRep:
    Completely for them.

People moaning about any polices concerning the British economy that they're lacking, I say this:

1) There's not much worth to solve all the while being a member (*****) to a political union that has us by the balls. If you disagree then I would advise learning more about the EU, a lot more. Read recent reports, watch euro leaders speak in Brussels and Strasberg etc.

2) They will go through all of British central govt. policies in a conference this autumn, as will the other parties.

Just to clarify, UKIP is not against immigration, it's against unlimited access to 28 countries, some of which are in diabolical states.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like UKIP on the whole due to their stance on immigration and the EU, but they don't have enough policies and plans to lead the UK.

I don't like how they believe man made global warming is a myth and totally disregard it. Man made or not, it must be slowed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    I see UKIP as a wannabe BNP which both of these parties are racist but anyway the UK is a racist country anyway
    The UK is probably one of the least racist countries in the world....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ew ukip...

ReputationRep:
    I think UKIP has failed the British public. They had a chance to really shake up British politics and make the 3 main parties more accountable and responsive to the public.

Instead, they turn out to be a bunch of ill disciplined amateurs better known for their stupid remarks and without even a manifesto. They get most of their votes from the poorly educated, fearful and prejudiced but these could have been channeled to create something positive rather than just being a protest party.

Its a real shame the wasted opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    They're a bunch of *****.
    Wanting to pull out of the declaration of human rights? NO THANKS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Nice to see a couple of UKIP supporters above ^^

So you're addressing the supporters but not anybody who criticises them?Besides from at the start of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP is a party built upon nationalist tendencies. I voted for the Greens in the EU election because I felt it was more useful than spoiling my ballot and I'll probably voted for Labour in the general election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    They're a bunch of *****.
    Wanting to pull out of the declaration of human rights? NO THANKS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and replace it with a Bill of Rights...

You do realise the ECHR is abused all the time right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    and replace it with a Bill of Rights...

You do realise the ECHR is abused all the time right?
    Their motivations are about making prisons horrendous and removing all prisoners' rights to vote.

ReputationRep:
    Their motivations are about making prisons horrendous and removing all prisoners' rights to vote.
    Sounds good to me. If you're a prisoner apologist then please don't bother speaking to me. I sympathise with the victims, not the perpetrators.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for human rights and I don't support UKIP. But prisoners absolutely should not be given the vote. I find prisoner voting abhorrent, and according to polls the majority of the public shares that opposition.

And opposition to prisoners getting the vote isn't exactly unique to UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I would like to leave the EU in an ideal world. But if leaving meant giving more power to anti-environmentalists like UKIP who seem to have an ideological opposition to environmental regulations, I would happily put up with the EU. The EU isn't the most important issue, environment issues and climate change policies I would consider to be much more important and they would be at risk if UKIP grew much more.
    This is exactly how I feel on the matter. But TTIP really scares me. I don't imagine a single person is voting UKIP for that reason though...

ReputationRep:
    I am a staunch UKIP supporter.

Farage isn't afraid to question the political mass and he does so with an elegance that is unfounded elsewhere in British politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    I like UKIP on the whole due to their stance on immigration and the EU, but they don't have enough policies and plans to lead the UK.

I don't like how they believe man made global warming is a myth and totally disregard it. Man made or not, it must be slowed!
    You couldn't be more wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Hi guys,

What is everyone's opinion on UKIP?

Some people really like them, others think they are a joke and stupid. Im just wondering what the general thoughts on TSR are!
    UKIP are at best prejudice against every group who are not part of the majority in this country.

1. So are they racist? Yes they are but they don't show it as much as your typical EDL/BNP supporter.
    2. How do they view the most disadvantaged in society? Well 1st they are Nationalists so if you aren't part of the dominant genetic make up of the UK you will be spat on period.
    3. Do they like disabled people? No full stop. They put a puppet disabled spokesmen called Star Etheridge. She is like a Trojan horse. Looks good on the outside but inside full of lies.
    4. What will UKIP do to the welfare state? Well Nigel Farage is a free market libertarian. He will basically be harder & more heartless than the Tories.
    5. What will they do to the NHS? Well Nigel Farage made it clear in one interview that he wanted to streamline the NHS. This basically means privatise everything.

So if you enjoy class war and sticking it to the most vulnerable in society then forget voting Conservative. You should vote UKIP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.