Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the stupidest/ worst/ most regrettable thing that you've ever text somebody? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    He's beautiful isn't he
    If you say so

ReputationRep:
    I once sent an abusive text to someone that I was once pretty close with and have never spoken to since. That was more than a year ago and I still regret it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    "My friend has cancelled; so I will be able to go for lunch with you". He saw this as a date (I didn't, silly me) and talked about getting married and moving in together. We're not even together.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I once se-

Never mind.
    The story's outstanding.

He was on a year in industry and joined one of his housemates in going to the housemate's home city for a night out. During the night he started getting with a girl he didn't catch the name of but who bore an apparently striking resemblance to early noughties pop star Samantha Mumba.

After a while he decided to leave the lucky young lady and set off in search of an evening meal of chicken and fried potatoes, however only after getting her number and saving it under the only name by which he knew her.

Later, having satisfied his food cravings, he found himself in a more amorous mood and decided to contact the young lady from earlier on. Largely due to the effects of alcohol he decided the best way to do this was not a simple 'hi', possibly with a cheeky wink, but instead with a close up picture of what he would later describe as 'a semi at best'.

Unfortunately not being possessed of his usual powers of dexterity he had only typed 'mum' into the recipient box for this token of undying love when his finger slipped and he sent it a little prematurely. He then compounded the error by considering the best solution to a tricky situation to be making a phone call to his mother informing her of the unfortunate mistake. Consequently his mum, and indeed dad, was woken at half 3 on a Sunday morning to her slurring, largely incherent son informing her that she was the lucky reicipient of an artful, slightly fuzzy shot of his wang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    The story's outstanding.

He was on a year in industry and joined one of his housemates in going to the housemate's home city for a night out. During the night he started getting with a girl he didn't catch the name of but who bore an apparently striking resemblance to early noughties pop star Samantha Mumba.

After a while he decided to leave the lucky young lady and set off in search of an evening meal of chicken and fried potatoes, however only after getting her number and saving it under the only name by which he knew her.

Later, having satisfied his food cravings, he found himself in a more amorous mood and decided to contact the young lady from earlier on. Largely due to the effects of alcohol he decided the best way to do this was not a simple 'hi', possibly with a cheeky wink, but instead with a close up picture of what he would later describe as 'a semi at best'.

Unfortunately not being possessed of his usual powers of dexterity he had only typed 'mum' into the recipient box for this token of undying love when his finger slipped and he sent it a little prematurely. He then compounded the error by considering the best solution to a tricky situation to be making a phone call to his mother informing her of the unfortunate mistake. Consequently his mum, and indeed dad, was woken at half 3 on a Sunday morning to her slurring, largely incherent son informing her that she was the lucky reicipient of an artful, slightly fuzzy shot of his wang.
    That's a beaut, indeed :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    The story's outstanding.

Lmao, you win the medal, or rather your friend does.

ReputationRep:
    A 7 or 8 page long text to a girl telling her I fancied her. Definitely the stupidest, worst and most regrettable text I've ever sent.

ReputationRep:
    I never sent text messages but my mum sent a very inappropriate text to my brother thinking it was my step-dad. There were no images but you get the gist, thank god my name begins with a J :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I always end up insulting people and this ends up annoying the people not used to me.

Not my fault they don't share my level of bants. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Not a text, but I once asked a girl out by sending her a form to fill in that had only one question and two check boxes like "yes/no". I regretted it the moment I put it in the post.

ReputationRep:
    Saying I was a guy and the person was stupid enough to believe I had balls,
    This was 2 years back and he sure did get creeped out lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.