Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Motorbiker, Ask Me Anything! Watch

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the carpet at the office? It seems to be quite cheap and not very soft?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    What made you want to become a mod? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    The3 TSR comps i'm running are:

Posts mean prizes! Get involved in the daily draw. In this one you just have to post in certain areas to be entered into a draw to win prizes. And there are prizes EVERY DAY. It's very generous.

Join in with Movie Madness now!
    This is a Giant TSR Best film contest. Atm it's in the predicition stage so you fill out who you think will win then voting starts next Wednesday and you score points for every correct prediction.

TSR British GP Fantasy F1 Comp Thread where you predict the podium for the F1 this weekend and closest gets a prize.

Many many ways to win stuff atm basically. Some are random luck and others require some more "skill/knowledge" to work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    What do you think of the carpet at the office? It seems to be quite cheap and not very soft?
    The carpet is alright. It's an office so busy so they're not going to have sheepskin rug.

The fake pier part of the floor is the best. Actual wood from the old Brighton Pier i think. It does ruin the chair racing though... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I did it via PM with Captain Jack.

They do have 2 other Internships that were advertised publically i think to people at Sussex Uni. (Armadillo and Numberwang)
    Awesome. Wish I heard about it sooner too late for me lol

Hmm next question, what was your most interesting memory while on TSR forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    What made you want to become a mod? :holmes:
    I first became a mod in Motoring and as well as wanting to help develop the resources we had in the forum i wanted to help keep the forum tidy from this company who would come in and spam about their organised European road trips every other day.

Also, we had a dead sub-forum of Motoring projects which had things on the front page that were months old. It needed some new mod blood to switch it up and get a Learning to drive sub-forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    Awesome. Wish I heard about it sooner too late for me lol

Hmm next question, what was your most interesting memory while on TSR forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a cool oppurtunity for them to write editorial content that will be seen by literally millions of students over the results period.

Most Interesting memory? There was a classic thread in fitness about 4 years ago where someone posted about a fake BBC article and just kept linking to the bbc homepage. The people in on the joke would agree that the article was awesome and proved that women loved muscly guys(Or whatever the story was) and the others just got more and more angry that they couldn't get to the article. They explained how to link to an article and not the homepage about 20 times.
    Eventually someone even faked up a print screen of the article to show the others. Was hilarious. "BBC never lies" :lol:

Also, the time in the count to 100 before a mod posts thread where the mods got to about 250 at like 8am on a sunday was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    My question is...

What on earth is the purpose of this shelving and it's contents? :laugh:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_3008)
    My question is...

What on earth is the purpose of this shelving and it's contents? :laugh:

Those are the TSR blobs.

They are used around the site like where people have no avatar or at the very bottom. They're like TSR Mascots almost.

And they got some made up for the office. Not sure of their exact purpose. A bunch of mods posed with them when we were there for a strategy day a few months ago.

And when a few elder mods have left they've been given them(People like F1 Fanatic etc) but i'm not really sure what their original purpose was.

ReputationRep:
    Those are the TSR blobs.

They are used around the site like where people have no avatar or at the very bottom. They're like TSR Mascots almost.

And they got some made up for the office. Not sure of their exact purpose. A bunch of mods posed with them when we were there for a strategy day a few months ago.

And when a few elder mods have left they've been given them(People like F1 Fanatic etc) but i'm not really sure what their original purpose was.
    Surely that shelving could have a better purpose, though? :laugh:

If I worked at TSR Towers I'd constantly be arranging them into an OCD friendly order... gah.

ReputationRep:
    Surely that shelving could have a better purpose, though? :laugh:

If I worked at TSR Towers I'd constantly be arranging them into an OCD friendly order... gah.
    There's not much need for shelving tbh. Everything is digital tbh. Don't think i've ever seen one piece of paperwork since i have been there. Everything is emails/google docs etc.

No need for shelves so they should be pretty.

Not sure how you could arrange them into an OCD order. They're pretty crazy. Would you put colours together or same shape things?

ReputationRep:
    There's not much need for shelving tbh. Everything is digital tbh. Don't think i've ever seen one piece of paperwork since i have been there. Everything is emails/google docs etc.

No need for shelves so they should be pretty.

Not sure how you could arrange them into an OCD order. They're pretty crazy. Would you put colours together or same shape things?
    Very true...

Shapes and colours.
    Each shape has their own row, each row organised into rainbow order :yep:

ReputationRep:
    if you had to have sex with one of the fitness forum guys, who would it be and why?

ReputationRep:
    Very true...

Shapes and colours.
    Each shape has their own row, each row organised into rainbow order :yep:

I'll try and do that Monday if i reckon i can get away with it. :ninja:

Have to do Welcome Squad leaderboard and organise a bunch of announcements(Like 30... ) Monday so will sneak in some blob arranging...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    if you had to have sex with one of the fitness forum guys, who would it be and why?
    Ryb. I'd be the least intimidating by his lack of aesthetics and poor squat.

ReputationRep:

I'll try and do that Monday if i reckon i can get away with it. :ninja:

Have to do Welcome Squad leaderboard and organise a bunch of announcements(Like 30... ) Monday so will sneak in some blob arranging...
    30?! Have fun with that... :laugh:

Good luck with living up to SJ's Leaderboard Announcement standards, too... Lots of smileys needed :yep:

Blob arranging shall be appreciated - I await the photo evidence (WS photo thread, maybe? - needs a bump, ahah).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If santa bought you a ninja, what flavour would you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    30?! Have fun with that... :laugh:

Good luck with living up to SJ's Leaderboard Announcement standards, too... Lots of smileys needed :yep:

Blob arranging shall be appreciated - I await the photo evidence (WS photo thread, maybe? - needs a bump, ahah).

It's a lot of repetitiveness but someone has to do it and i only know how to do certain things so i've got this task.

Looking at her announcement si need giant font, random colours and many obscure smilies. And i need to include the llamas obviously. :bl: is one of my favs anyway.

I shall deliver!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If santa bought you a ninja, what flavour would you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd go for a Green Zx-6R. Would be a lovely bike.

The 250 is too gutless and the 1000 is too heavy and unnecessary.

Do you like to skip?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.