Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you order when you go to Nando's? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Butterfly chicken, extra hot, with chips and garlic bread, slathered in their extra,extra hot sauce (the black one).

It's pretty hot, but they really over-sell it.

ReputationRep:
    A taxi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    I'm pretty new to spicy food

It's what Nandos deserves

It seems that a lot people get the chicken burger, I should try it sometime
    Lol so true :lol:

Mmmm chicken burger is so good tho :daydreaming:

im feeling hungry now lol

ReputationRep:
    Half chicken, hot, with peri chips and corn on the cob.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chicken pitta + Peri-peri chips. The level of spice depends on how I'm feeling. Ahh, this thread is torture. I want to go to Nando's now U_U

ReputationRep:
    Butterfly chicken
    Peri peri Chips
    Coleslaw

Usually go for medium level of spiciness.

ReputationRep:
    Quarter or half chicken (medium) with peri peri chips and possibly a drink but I don't like buying drinks in restaurants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    X Hot Double Chicken Burger with Peri Peri Chips and Garlic bread. 'Water'.

Then get the garlic, perinaise and xxhot sauce

And now I want a nandos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Butterfly chicken (medium), macho peas + spicy rice. I've tried other meals but this one is my favourite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Chicken breast burger with mango and lime, chips and a fizzy drink. I usually end up smothering the burger in ketchup though, the bread is so, so dry.

I don't actually like it all that much, I only ever go because my friends are going and I don't want to be the one person out of like eight of us who is all 'oh, but we can't go there because I don't like it as much as x place'. So I just get that, and it's okay.

If we order dessert, then I usually get the caramel cheesecake. That is heavenly.

ReputationRep:
    I got food poisoning there.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This

ReputationRep:
    What's interesting about their scale of how hot it is, is that if you tried a butterfly chicken/half a chicken and tried a burger at the same level, the burger would be much hotter. The reason for this is that the half chicken is only marinaded in the sauce where as the burgers come coated in the sauce so you get much more of the sauce when you eat it.

I'll be honest I can't handle heat the best as I've not eaten enough hot stuff to get any resistance to it. I used to always order a burger and find it more than enough hot for me but after hearing this, I tried a half chicken at the same level and found I had to keep adding more sauce to it as once you get past the skin there was no heat at all.

ReputationRep:
    Half chicken (mango and lime), chips and corn on the cob, bottomless drink, if u find the chicken too dry u can always smother it in ketchup- it tastes soooo good

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    May I ask what satisfaction people receive out of choosing the hottest chicken on the menu? (Apart from looking like a boss in front of the ladies)

I want to enjoy my food, not sweat whilst I'm eating thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Quarter chicken hot, peri peri chips, perinaise and coleslaw/garlic bread AND diet coke
    Ahhh CRAVING NANDOS NOW!!!

ReputationRep:
    1/2 chicken (hot) with chips and garlic bread, with medium sauce on the side and a cloudy lemonade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkaah)
    May I ask what satisfaction people receive out of choosing the hottest chicken on the menu? (Apart from looking like a boss in front of the ladies)

I want to enjoy my food, not sweat whilst I'm eating thanks.
    The kick from spicy food is amazing imo. Most food I eat is spicy and I enjoy it a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    The kick from spicy food is amazing imo. Most food I eat is spicy and I enjoy it a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose everyone has different tastes. Maybe I need to man up?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I like the mango and lime chicken in a burger with a pineapple and peri-peri fries.

I'm not huge on Nandos, I mean it's enjoyable enough but there are better places. My wife, however, loves it. So much so that when we were in Toronto we ended up at Nandos. (We live in the US and don't have Nandos so eating it in Canada isn't as bad as a Brit doing the same )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.