Worst Accents? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Most northern accents.

ReputationRep:
    brummie
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Belfast, which is my own accent. It sounds alright when I'm talking to other people from there, but when you hear people on the telly from Belfast it's awful. And my flatmates can't understad what I'm saying sometimes when I'm at uni (in England).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Nigerian
    Indian
    Pakistani
    American
    Brummie english accent...ughh

Oh and French and German
    easily pleased much

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool...not that I dislike it, just find it difficult to understand :P Was working once, and some guy was talking to me...I wasn't sure he was even talking in English, it took me a couple of moments to realise he just had a really ​strong Liverpudlian accent.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield.
    Essex.
    Liverpool.
    Geordie.
    Most american accents.
    Welsh.
    Irish.
    Australian .
    French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    Ok so seeing as there is a "Sexist Accents" topic (of which i've posted in), i thought i'd go the other way and create one for the worst accents or "Turn off Accents"

Me:

German
    Russian
    Typical American
    Redneck American
    Greek
    Ukraine

As you can see most of them (for me at least) are mainly very punchy, sharp sometimes angry languages, i've always said that even if you're complimenting someone in German, it sounds like you're insulting them cos of the brutality of the words compared to those of Italian, French or Spanish
    im not sure but i don't like indian accents i think this is because they are overly used in a comedic sense. all other accents melt me like butter :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand the Scottish accent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    Liverpool

Why do they say 'me nan'?
    It means ''my grandmother''. I thought 'Nan' was widely used? 'Me' gets used in front of almost anything to replace 'my' e.g. ''me phone, me car, me cat, me socks'', whatever. It's just their pronunciation of 'my'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Most northern accents.
    dem feels

I hate the Brummy accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    It means ''my grandmother''. I thought 'Nan' was widely used? 'Me' gets used in front of almost anything to replace 'my' e.g. ''me phone, me car, me cat, me socks'', whatever. It's just their pronunciation of 'my'.
    Hardly anyone I know says nan, it sounds soo annoying. They usually say grandma/gran

ReputationRep:
    Nigerian grates my ears usually, but it sounds nice on some people

Liverpudlian however, drives me up the bloody walls. That, and whatever Stacey Dooley is.

ReputationRep:
    Singaporean of course, try not to sound potty speaking in that accent

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much all the North American accents with the exception of that really stereotypical New York one. Also the Australian and White South African one. I don't dislike the Irish accent, but I can never understand why so many people find it so alluring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    Hardly anyone I know says nan, it sounds soo annoying. They usually say grandma/gran
    Might be a Northern thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    Ok so seeing as there is a "Sexist Accents" topic (of which i've posted in), i thought i'd go the other way and create one for the worst accents or "Turn off Accents"
    liverpudlian

ReputationRep:
    Cockney and really thick Nigerian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Cockney and really thick Nigerian
    i think it is any thick African accent but whenever i hear it it always makes me laugh because they always end up shouting their words out
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really posh English accents like Joanna Lumley. I would rather hear a full on Scouse or Cockney accent over that tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    i think it is any thick African accent but whenever i hear it it always makes me laugh because they always end up shouting their words out
    Yeah it just sounds aggressive :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.