Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are some pretty people unattractive? Watch

i dont think people understand what im trying to say - i know its not my looks regardless of how attractive i am -
    if i diddnt mention people have said i was pretty before i would get a bunch of results telling me hw to do my makeup and theoes are not the answers i want as they are unhelpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Some guys tend to avoid really pretty girls for fear of rejection as well. I'm not going to lie, many pretty/ hot model type girls can be total *****es.
    Better to go for an average girl who will be there for life, than some hot af who will leave as soon as she sees the next prince charming.
    I'm not too sure why people say this? Going by looks only, the 9/10 will get approached considerably more than the 6/10 to the extent that it becomes completely unnoticeable that there are guys too shy to approach you. In the end, the hotter girl will get approached more no matter what.

Tbh I've called a lot of girls pretty and what I mean by this the majority of the time is that they're not bad looking but not someone I would necessarily try and get with. Otherwise I would tell them they are hot/beautiful depending on the situation.

EDIT: Saying someone is pretty does not mean you think they are attractive. it's like calling someone "cute" which isn't the best thing to be called although saying that it's not a bad thing.

(Original post by Johnpeters)
    I'm not too sure why people say this? Going by looks only, the 9/10 will get approached considerably more than the 6/10 to the extent that it becomes completely unnoticeable that there are guys too shy to approach you. In the end, the hotter girl will get approached more no matter what.

Tbh I've called a lot of girls pretty and what I mean by this the majority of the time is that they're not bad looking but not someone I would necessarily try and get with. Otherwise I would tell them they are hot/beautiful depending on the situation.

EDIT: Saying someone is pretty does not mean you think they are attractive. it's like calling someone "cute" which isn't the best thing to be called although saying that it's not a bad thing.

what is it that makes someone cute and what is it that makes someone hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    [/B]

what is it that makes someone cute and what is it that makes someone hot?
    well for me someone hot is someone I would really like to get with. Cute on the other hand would be someone I find really nice yet can't necessarily see anything happening. But calling them cute means I don't find them ugly so if I didn't have any other options there's the possibility of something happening.

In a general sense if you find someone unattractive you won't get with them, if you think they're cute you wouldn't rule it out depending on your options.

I've obviously oversimplified this by just taking into account looks thougb

(Original post by Johnpeters)
    well for me someone hot is someone I would really like to get with. Cute on the other hand would be someone I find really nice yet can't necessarily see anything happening. But calling them cute means I don't find them ugly so if I didn't have any other options there's the possibility of something happening.

In a general sense if you find someone unattractive you won't get with them, if you think they're cute you wouldn't rule it out depending on your options.

I've obviously oversimplified this by just taking into account looks thougb
    but why would you want to get with them , what seperates cute from hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but why would you want to get with them , what seperates cute from hot?
    That's rather hard to answer. Picture it this way, mentally boys will have a specific standard of a girl (let's just say an 8/10 or above) that they would love to get with. This is the kind of girl you talk about with your friends about how hot she is and where you would, without a doubt, get with when sober.

Cute is someone who is alright like a 5-6/10, who in terms of looks you don't really talk about with your friends. With a bit of drink though we would most probably get with you without the risk of "abuse" from friends after. I guess if someone is cute then its someone youre undecided on, like if she had a great personality etc then she could be a potential gf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.