Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 500MB of data enough for me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Yes, definitely. Only videos would take more than 1GB

(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    You should most probably be fine with 1GB. It depends on how data heavy the websites you're visiting are.

Check out TSR Movie Madness
    Thanks! What type of sites are data heavy? Like tsr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnionRing)
    Thanks! What type of sites are data heavy? Like tsr?
    I think the TSR mobile site isn't too data heavy. Instagram uses a few megabytes though, and Snapchat does if you watch a video message. It's worth turning off mobile data if you can for games, as advertisements can use quite a bit of data over time, but generally just avoid YouTube and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I think the TSR mobile site isn't too data heavy. Instagram uses a few megabytes though, and Snapchat does if you watch a video message. It's worth turning off mobile data if you can for games, as advertisements can use quite a bit of data over time, but generally just avoid YouTube and you'll be fine.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have got 100MB a month and I don't think I have ever used even half of that. I have wifi at work and wifi at home so really only use data when out and about and that's usually just checking emails/social media stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y2J97)
    Hi guys.

I am due my upgrade in the next few days and I'm looking to get an iPhone 5C. I'm just wondering if 500MB of data will be enough for me. Personally, I've never understood the data uses. I'd mostly be on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I would use my internet browser sparingly and would use Youtube quite often. Is 500MB enough? Also, does using WiFi use up the data usage? I'd be grateful for any advice given.

Thanks in advance!
    Mate, I pay a fiver for 500mb a month for Internet
    Why don't you get more lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the replies and advice!

ReputationRep:
    Just a wee update - decided to go with a plan that includes 2GB of data, I'd imagine this will be more than enough!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.