Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    Can't do anything, I'm a loser and a weirdo and no one likes me, but it's fine, life goes on.
    Well first you've got to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Liking/Loving yourself is probably the first step

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Avoidance. Distraction. Find something fulfilling. Get a pet. Babysit. Enter a relationship. The world is your oyster.

Borderline personality made loneliness my middle name. I do anything to stop that feeling. A lot of the time "anything" is something stupid and self-destructive. In the last 6 months, however, I've had to calm down a lot compared to what I was before because I've been taking care of my nephew so much. He's been the greatest distraction in the world for me.
    I want a pet but my parents dissaprove
    My little sister is already too much of a handful so I couldn't babysit anymore :laugh:

Awww :jumphug: I admire what you do and it sounds like you're pretty much sorted now. I wish I could just distract myself from life like that :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Have an existential crisis.

ReputationRep:
    are you feeling bored or had too much of life, are you alone or feeling unloved, are you missinarg something or someone or are you feeling depressed, The "lonely" word is a mighty can of worms, hides a plethora of problems, speak your heart out before the ennui of life gets the better of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundBlackadder)
    Have an existential crisis.
    What's that?

(Original post by Bonmot)
    are you feeling bored or had too much of life, are you alone or feeling unloved, are you missinarg something or someone or are you feeling depressed, The "lonely" word is a mighty can of worms, hides a plethora of problems, speak your heart out before the ennui of life gets the better of you
    Felling pretty much lonely if that covers it? Unloved maybe and yeah missing someone most definitely :'(

You're good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    Anyone else feel like lonely at times? If so any advice on what to do?
    Come sit by me on the couch and watch the footie with some Pizza and beers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    What's that?

Felling pretty much lonely if that covers it? Unloved maybe and yeah missing someone most definitely :'(

You're good!
    You are going through a process of grieving ..denial ..anger..confusion..trying to analyse . Finally and hopefully soon. ....acceptance. ...that heart shaped empty space takes time to fill....GI e yourself time ..sleep ..don't be hard on yourself and don't think you are the only victim of live love and its whims .. .we are all in the pen waiting our turns....some are silenced. ..some interrupted and some mighty confused....smile .shrug . What does t kill you makes you callused a d stronger

ReputationRep:
    You are going through a process of grieving ..denial ..anger..confusion..trying to analyse . Finally and hopefully soon. ....acceptance. ...that heart shaped empty space takes time to fill....GI e yourself time ..sleep ..don't be hard on yourself and don't think you are the only victim of live love and its whims .. .we are all in the pen waiting our turns....some are silenced. ..some interrupted and some mighty confused....smile .shrug . What does t kill you makes you callused a d stronger
    O.o

This is some deep stuff
    Thanks I guess

ReputationRep:
    Have you been through some crap in life?
    Coz, that was scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Avoidance. Distraction. Find something fulfilling. Get a pet. Babysit. Enter a relationship. The world is your oyster.

Borderline personality made loneliness my middle name. I do anything to stop that feeling. A lot of the time "anything" is something stupid and self-destructive. In the last 6 months, however, I've had to calm down a lot compared to what I was before because I've been taking care of my nephew so much. He's been the greatest distraction in the world for me.
    fair play to yeh love

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Advice on Everyday issues

ReputationRep:
    I always feel lonely :rolleyes:

It's a minor.

ReputationRep:
    Hit the gym brah.

Go with a friend or two, even if you don't take it too seriously it can be a laugh, and if you do, then it's a real distraction.

This is any exercise or sport btw, whatever you're into.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    Have you been through some crap in life?
    Coz, that was scary.
    I have and I am glad I did ..I appreciate life. .. and have developed a quality called ...empathy ....not everyone has that sadly!

ReputationRep:
    I have and I am glad I did ..I appreciate life. .. and have developed a quality called ...empathy ....not everyone has that sadly!
    Just saying this sounds pretty arrogant in my eyes.

No disrespect intended but you sound like one of those people who think they know better than everybody else about life and all its secrets. About how you are "better" than everybody else. I don't think this is how you intended it but that's just how I interpreted this.

For the OP, I just think being happy, just smiling always makes a difference too. Gaming helps me a lot when I'm down (but I don't use my mic then cos you get some real wastemen online).

It gets better, it always gets better, you just have to give it time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. You are on the path of becoming a fine woman. A fine human being. I salute you.

@OP:

- Ask yourself why you're feeling lonely. You'll get some answer's to your question. Note it down on a piece of paper. Read it. And then throw it away in the bin.

- Do you have a passion? Ask this to yourself and then write it down on a piece of paper. Read it and throw it away in the bin.

Now you have two choices.

1. Try to act upon the two answers you received from yourself.
    2. Ignore them and make new threads on other websites.

P.S: Everybody feels lonely at some point in their lives. It's necessary. It helps you to reflect on your life and forces you to make some "life changing" decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Try listening to uplifting music!!!! i feel like giving you a hug. :console::grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery Me)
    Congratulations. You are on the path of becoming a fine woman. A fine human being. I salute you.

@OP:

- Ask yourself why you're feeling lonely. You'll get some answer's to your question. Note it down on a piece of paper. Read it. And then throw it away in the bin.

- Do you have a passion? Ask this to yourself and then write it down on a piece of paper. Read it and throw it away in the bin.

Now you have two choices.

1. Try to act upon the two answers you received from yourself.
    2. Ignore them and make new threads on other websites.

P.S: Everybody feels lonely at some point in their lives. It's necessary. It helps you to reflect on your life and forces you to make some "life changing" decisions.
    Is that what you do? Throw everything away in the bin?

ReputationRep:
    Yesss... AHAHAHA....... Sufferrrrrr!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.