Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which countries would you like to visit in the near future Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I'm hoping to backpack Europe next summer with a friend, France is number one on my list as I've always wanted to visit there, also keen to visit Germany and maybe Italy. But I'm not too fussed I'll go wherever my friend things is the best route.

Are you at uni? If so, how do you afford it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    Well if you go to Pompeii, you can see my mum's dad as a petrified mummy on the floor as he died to a pyroclastic flow.
    I've been to Pompeii, don't remember seeing that :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdude)
    Are you at uni? If so, how do you afford it?
    I am at uni yes, I'm a very good saver and I have some money in saving s(though not a lot so this will be a one time thing). A European all country rail pass is only £214 which sounds a lot as a lump for 2 weeks that's pretty good to visit any country you feel like. We will likely be camping for a lot of it to save on any hotel costs though we will likely spend some nights in hostels which are considerably cheaper than hotels. I don't eat that much and I'm not that fussy on food either so I'm fine with heating some cans over a campfire for dinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I am at uni yes, I'm a very good saver and I have some money in saving s(though not a lot so this will be a one time thing). A European all country rail pass is only £214 which sounds a lot as a lump for 2 weeks that's pretty good to visit any country you feel like. We will likely be camping for a lot of it to save on any hotel costs though we will likely spend some nights in hostels which are considerably cheaper than hotels. I don't eat that much and I'm not that fussy on food either so I'm fine with heating some cans over a campfire for dinner.
    If you're going to Stockholm, I recommend city backer's hostel. It's arguably the best hostel in Stockholm according to ratings and reviews. I paid around £10 per night when I went but I think it's more during the summer. Youthhostel in Zurich is very clean too.

I paid £90 to travel from Zurich to Vienna by train and it angered me when my ticket wasn't inspected, as I very easily could have boarded the train without one but I wouldn't take that risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    If you're going to Stockholm, I recommend city backer's hostel. It's arguably the best hostel in Stockholm according to ratings and reviews. I paid around £10 per night when I went but I think it's more during the summer. Youthhostel in Zurich is very clean too.

I paid £90 to travel from Zurich to Vienna by train and it angered me when my ticket wasn't inspected, as I very easily could have boarded the train without one but I wouldn't take that risk.
    Oooh thank you! That's fantastic advice I'll keep that in mind, really I'm not fussed on where I sleep so long as it doesn't rack up bills I can't afford so £10 a night sounds phenomenal.

Oh I know how you feel on the not having expensive tickets checked! Though I'd be far to scared to not pay, especially in a country where I don't speak the language!

ReputationRep:
    North Korea, Iraq,Iran,Poland and South Africa.

Iraq and Iran rather sheepish sine I am gay. Need I say more!

ReputationRep:
    Iran & Vietnam.

ReputationRep:
    Ukraine, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, China, Sri Lanka, UAE, Egypt, Morroco, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Niue, Canada, United States and Mexico.

ReputationRep:
    Norway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    Norway :P
    Part of my trip to Russia later this month involves visiting Oslo in Norway. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Going there in 8 days for a month.

Man's bare eeeeeek!
    It was cheap tickets 150. :eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am soo jealous!

ReputationRep:
    South Korea, because its beautiful and I love their culture

ReputationRep:
    Japan, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
    Japan cause I love the shops there xD
    USA and Canada because they both seem awesome (and my brother is moving to Canada soon)
    Australia because of the climate really (and my other brother lives there)
    New Zealand because I know people who moved there 7 years ago and I'd love to visit them
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    USA and Spain at the second.

ReputationRep:
    Antarctica and Greenland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Been everywhere to be honest.
    What places did you like most and least?

ReputationRep:
    Mongolia, Russia, Israel, and Thailand.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil, Peru, Mexico, maybe Chile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousmouse)
    What places did you like most and least?
    Thats a difficult question it depends on if you mean just for having a great time or for actually living somewhere.

For living: Loved Canada and Australia

For Epic Times: Cancun, Las Vegas

ReputationRep:
    In Europe, I'd specifically like to go to Germany, Austria, Italy and Sweden (). In the rest of the world, probably the USA, Canada and China.

I'd never go to Australia because big spiders are common.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.