Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a turn off if women like football and cheer like a dude? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a woman, I think that if it's real, it's cool - if you are really passionate about something that's awesome (and surely attractive to anyone?). However, IF she's clearly doing it to impress the boys, and imitating the loutish and vulgar (and frankly disgusting) behaviour of some male football fans to do so... I wouldn't say anything but I'd find it ridiculous and quite disturbing. I'm not really impressed when people behave like morons just to impress others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    So I was watching the Costa vs Netherlands match and my brother's girlfriend, who is supposedly a football nut, was acting really crazy and shouting and cheering like she was on ecstasy. My dad and I were in shock and my brother was no doubt embarrassed by her behaviour.

What do you guys think?
    Sounds like she would fit in attending a match and you can be the armchair fan.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid she sounds pretty much like me I have always been into sports, especially football and had an absolute ball this World Cup season (though it's another matter that my favorite team - Brazil - didn't win). And now that it is over, NFL it is for me! I don't know why, but watching football is something akin to a stress-buster for me. And recently I've also discovered some online football games like this one which, it seems, are tailor-made for people like me so that even if there is no match on TV I can curl up in bed and indulge myself! I'm a self-proclaimed football nut myself, if there ever was one...

ReputationRep:
    If she isn't of Dutch or Costa Rican descent then she is being annoying.

ReputationRep:
    would like a partner that watched football..

Means it never clashes with things, as you both want to spend your time watching it..

If you have a girlfriend that does not watch football.. then at one point as things get more serrious you are going to start to have to make a choice between watching football, and doing something your girlfriend wants..

And if its a healthy relationship, then sometimes you are going to loose that choice (and sometimes win) - meaning you will miss matches..

However, if its a priority to both of you, then great no issue at all...

(reference: married to a women who does not care about football and with her native language not being english, pronounces arsenal as arrsseholle)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.