Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have only read The Shining and Misery but I loved them both... I need to read more Stephen King I find his books so gripping!

ReputationRep:
    It has to be my favorite Stephen King story - all the little details coming together, and the parts of the book focusing on the history of Derry... he brings the entire area to life, and it was amazing! (That, and I grew up in Maine during most of my childhood, which really made the story feel more personal to me.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I'm going to be boring and say The Shining is my favourite. First book to really scare the hell out of me.

I particularly remember:

Spoiler:
    Show
    being vividly terrified when Jack was being chased by those animated hedge animals. Every time he looked back and saw them inching towards him, teeth bared. I was quite young when I read it and it was terrifying!

I didn't realise books could actually be scary :facepalm2:
    That's what he does best! Scaring the sh*t out of us all.

You should check out his sons books, he writes under Joe Hill (so people don't buy his books just because of his surname) and has some terrifying novels out. NOS4R2 (or NOS4A2 if your not in the UK) is one terrifying book, defiantly worth picking them up!

ReputationRep:
    Wizard & Glass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Wizard & Glass
    That was heartbreaking...

ReputationRep:
    Just recently read Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (from Different Seasons) and loved it. The film is one of my all time favourites and I'd say it's probably one of the best book to film adaptations I've seen

However, in terms of traditional Stephen King horror/suspense, probably Misery or The Shining

ReputationRep:
    Under the Dome.

ReputationRep:
    Ashamed to say I've only read IT. It's the best book I've ever read though.

Not much if a reader

ReputationRep:
    Not the biggest fan but read The Shining as I was a big fan of Kubrick's big-screen adaptation.

I enjoyed it more than the movie, although they are extremely different so it's hard to compare. Stand alone, they are both fantastic
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Stephen King fan

My favourite books by him are Misery, The Green Mile, Salems Lot and Pet Semetary. Pet Semetary was the first S.King I read.

I wasn't keen on The Shining and Carrie tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.