Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to study medicine(specifically anatomy) efficiently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It will happen. Whatever you've learned in advance will be rapidly caught up with during regular teaching sessions, and although you might remember those bits you covered a bit better than others, it's not going to provide a massive advantage in the long run.

As Hype has said, the best thing for you to do if you have had some time out of education is to go over your A-level topics and make sure you understand all the concepts which might be relevant to medicine. Also means you'll save money and not buy too many huge unwieldy textbooks which you don't need!
    It's a bit too late for the saving money bit (I spent around 200+pounds buying my 'core' books, but I'll keep that in mind for the rest of my books on the list.
    Would there be any topics in particular that I need to have a good foundation off, or should I just re-read all the topics in human biology?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.