Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scary Film Challenge. I'm not a fan of horror. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    I found it more gross than scary- have you tried watching the unbanned/uncut version?

Yes, the second one is a bit more messed up. It follows a man that becomes obsessed with the first Human Centipede film, and he traps a lot more people. There's self mutilation, laxatives, rape, barbed wire, dead babies- it's very disgusting. But once again, not scary. *Note: sorry to anyone who read that and didn't want to.
    Ahh I've got that feeling where I have to watch the film now XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Ahh I've got that feeling where I have to watch the film now XD.
    If you do try and find the version that isn't banned in America and England!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    The ring (Japanese version) it takes scary to a whole new level so be warned.

Oh wow there's a second one? First one wasn't even that bad, not sure why everyone said it was disgusting pretty humorous having someone's face stuck to your ass XD.
    Not even that bad?! Please tell me how you are desensitised to this crap, I thought I was going to be sick with all that gore

ReputationRep:
    I recently watched Banshee Chapter. Not particularly scary, but it's creepy and creepy can bend your mind.

If you want a 'wtf, I did not expect that..' ending, try Borderlands.

Other than that, there aren't many really chilling horrors imo.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Battle Royale. It's not even that scary.

Confessions. Now that's just plain creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly a bit of a wimp. The Fourth Kind really terrified me and it's probably the scariest film I've ever watched. I prefer gory horrors (e.g. The Human Centipede films (super excited for the last installment) the Saw films, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc.) as opposed to sort of supernatural and demon-y types... I had to sleep with the main light on after seeing the trailer for The Exorcist.

I still sleep with a nightlight at 17 :lol:

A Serbian Film is really horrific, though. It isn't scary but disturbing as hell. I cried during certain scenes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    If you do try and find the version that isn't banned in America and England!
    Why oh why did I watch it, the image of the baby being squished will never leave my mind

(Original post by laylarose)
    I'm honestly a bit of a wimp. The Fourth Kind really terrified me and it's probably the scariest film I've ever watched. I prefer gory horrors (e.g. The Human Centipede films (super excited for the last installment) the Saw films, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc.) as opposed to sort of supernatural and demon-y types... I had to sleep with the main light on after seeing the trailer for The Exorcist.

I still sleep with a nightlight at 17 :lol:

A Serbian Film is really horrific, though. It isn't scary but disturbing as hell. I cried during certain scenes.
    The only thing scary about the fourth kind was the ladys face at the beginning :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Not even that bad?! Please tell me how you are desensitised to this crap, I thought I was going to be sick with all that gore
    I don't know, I just found that it was a lot less bad than what I had been expecting- the hype around it was more than the 'scariness' the film actually was.

I've just watched a lot worse (or what I deem to be worse) and some parts of the Human Centipede were honestly almost laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 061194)
    Im the type of person that hide behind a pillow when seeing a really scary face.

I've decided for me and my family to break free from this bubble.
    I've watched things like Paranormal activity(All of them) and Insidious(1st one) with no real scare.
    Other things I've watched.

Creep,Jeepers Creepers,The Woman In Black, Cry Wolf ,The Hills have Eyes (1+2) ,Texas Chainsaw Massacre .Stuff like that

"I've all of a sudden decided to grow some balls " to watch scary films and test my limit.

I want to watch The Conjuring and Insidious 2.

Help me fill with any suggestions that will test me .

1.?
    2?
    3.?
    4.?
    5.The Conjuring.

BTW I'll be watching these with my family

Give
    American horror story is good, it is a series not a film but it is a bit strannge and scary. I recommened it :-) also definitely insidious 2!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.