Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stretchmarks invasion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheetee)
    I have them on my hips and boobs, the most effective treatment I have found is the sun! Just sunbathing helps them fade more quickly, most of mine are barely visible anymore
    loool, that's so weird. Hmm...i think i will skip sunbathing for now, I don't want to get tanned.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I had really bad stretch marks when I was first going through puberty and they were mainly on my boobs and they never bothered me then as no one would see them at that age.

Now that I'm 22 and gained weight through choice and went from a size 6/8 to 10/12 and gained nearly a stone, I have them above my bum, my back and mainly my inner thighs. They aren't the worst but they are noticeable. I was sad and wary over them at first as now that I'm older, my body is more visible as I go swimming, wear shorts etc but now I'm not bothered as I know they will eventually fade and that most people have either go a few or will have them at some point.

My bf has some too on his belly and his thighs. They are common and no matter how bad they look, they do fade eventually the ones on my boobs when I was younger were reeeeally bad. It literally looked like someone had drawn lines with dark purple lipstick all over my chest.
    I don't know how reliable creams are at making them fade. I used Bio-oil I think it was called when I was younger but it made no difference to mine and they faded within a few months anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LarissaN)
    I would generally say I am a very confident person, but since these random stripes have started to take over my body. My self confidence has just crashed. I have tried all sorts of creams to cocoa butter to bio-oïl. Still no results! :eek::eek: I think at least 3/4 of my body is covered in these hideous marks, and here is me thinking it was just a phenomenon for pregnant women.:confused: I feel really frustrated. Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?
    Allo! it sounds like these stretch marks are very new so try not to worry because chances are they will fade drastically. I used to have purely type stretch marks on my breasts about a year ago when they grew some and now they are very faint and silvery and barely noticeable, you literally have to proper inspect them to notice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I would generally say I am a very confident person, but since these random stripes have started to take over my body. My self confidence has just crashed. I have tried all sorts of creams to cocoa butter to bio-oïl. Still no results! :eek::eek: I think at least 3/4 of my body is covered in these hideous marks, and here is me thinking it was just a phenomenon for pregnant women.:confused: I feel really frustrated. Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?
    Try Bio Oil and a Retinol based cream over the counter, if you can get a prescription off the doctors, Retin-A is VERY good for this but you will have to see your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I have them on my thighs and my bum and they bother me but I don't usually think about them, the only way I try and prevent them from getting worse is moisturising my body

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to have them on my boobs the really vibrant reddy purple ones. They have faded now so you cant even see them unless really close. I use coco butter and it works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevergiveupsoap)
    I used to have them on my boobs the really vibrant reddy purple ones. They have faded now so you cant even see them unless really close. I use coco butter and it works a treat.
    I kind of gave up on Cocoa butter a long time ago, but now I think I maybe wasn't applying enough. How often do you apply it to the skin on a daily basis?

ReputationRep:
    I kind of gave up on Cocoa butter a long time ago, but now I think I maybe wasn't applying enough. How often do you apply it to the skin on a daily basis?
    At least twice a week its taken a long time but i got there and I sometimes use bio oil but poundlands version think its called rescue oil or something.

I have them all over my tights, behind my knees and on my calves...my legs don't seem any bigger or smaller so why did all these stretch marks suddenly spring up?

It seems like I didn't have any and then suddenly I had loads. I massage a thick body butter (like the body shop ones) into my skin to try and help them.

ReputationRep:
    Fellas, are you not put off by stretchmarks on a girl's body at all? and Ladies( my stretchmarks sisters), do you not feel self concious/ashamed when you undress in front of your boyfriends? what's the deal?
    I'm not put off by them at all, having a few lines on your body doesn't make it any less attractive. You should undress in front of me and I will show you that you're sexy

Like 60% of people have them and it's normally due to puberty. It's hard to look past them but once you realise people really don't care, you will start thinking you were silly for worrying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It seems I'm kinda weird because I actually don't mind my stretch marks at all I just think of them as like a pattern on my skin I have them on my hips, bum, and a few on my calves/backs of my knees. I've been underweight most of my life so it's not that due to weight, it's just perfectly normal and I refuse to be ashamed of them, they're not even ugly and once they fade they're not that noticeable tbh.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.