Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spots Why Do We Need Them They Are Horrid Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arieisit)
    I had acne and when I stopped eating dairy, it went away. Don't know about spots though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've gone through periods of having a lot of dairy and barely any at all, whilst using the same skin care routine, and I didn't notice a change. @[email protected]; That's why acne is so irritating, it's so person dependent, it seems. :C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    Where is the evidence that dairy causes spots? Everyone brings this up but I've set to see anyone with evidence that it does cause spots. It's like the rumor of how Chocolate gives you spots which has been proven false...
    I don't know about any solid evidence, but anecdotally, it was worked for me and some friends, I think the postulation is along the lines of added hormones in milk and therefore dairy products which cause a systemic inflammatory reaction which can lead to extra sebum release and therefore acne. It should at least be considered as it has helped numerous people, and costs nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell365)
    I don't know about any solid evidence, but anecdotally, it was worked for me and some friends, I think the postulation is along the lines of added hormones in milk and therefore dairy products which cause a systemic inflammatory reaction which can lead to extra sebum release and therefore acne. It should at least be considered as it has helped numerous people, and costs nothing.

Ahh, I'm glad that it has worked for you! I might give it another try but I really like having tea. D: Do you think that using lactose free milk would make any kind of difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    Ahh, I'm glad that it has worked for you! I might give it another try but I really like having tea. D: Do you think that using lactose free milk would make any kind of difference?
    No difference for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.