Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long was there between your first and second relationship? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    I was with my first boyfriend for just over a year- things turned nasty and he cheated on me, and following this I guess I rushed into another 'rebound' relationship only a month later in a way to just to avoid the horrible, upset feelings that I didn't want to face.

This rebound relationship lasted 11 months (doomed from the start really!) and then once again I rushed into a rebound relationship after another 3 months. That relationship lasted a while, around 2 years but again- it turned nasty and even manipulative and abusive.

I met my current partner when I was crying over how abusive and horrible by boyfriend was being to me. We became friends and he gave me advice and we became closer and closer slowly!

So basically: moral of the story is make sure you don't rush into things just because you don't want to face the upsetting emotions that go along with a break up!
    Or keep going out with people until you find the right one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why was it not proper? Too short?

Are you a guy or girl?
    I'm a girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    like 2 years, slightly traumatised and hadn't met the right person. still rushed into my second relationship with someone i didn't really like but meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    idk about that man..im sure a lot of gals would be doing well too

so what yeh gonna do to tackle that or are you happy as it is:?
    For any girl to put up with me I'd have to change how I act but I'm cool like I am. Got a bit lonely the other week and was overthinking everything but I've been ok for years so I don't see why it would change. I had something happen a few years ago which meant it's probably not a good idea at all haha

6 years. Didn't really want one until the year before the second, then it just happened.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.