Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hope not, as I'm turning 24 next week and going to university in September, to study International Relations. I am aware some doors might be closed when I graduate, but to be honest that just makes me want to study, work hard and prove what I'm capable of (both to me and to others). Of course I regret not knowing what I really wanted at 18 and feel like this last 6 years have just been wasted and have similar worries as you do, but I think the most important is that we set our goals, so now we have to work hard to get where we want and seize the moment. I hope you do well in something you enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Another 24 year old here starting in September (conditionally). It's never too late to start Uni as many people have already said.

Personally, my plan is just to get my head down and plod on and get it all out the way. I can't wait to start, to meet new people and have independence.

I doubt anyone will believe my actual age though, guess that's the only bonus of looking 18 still

ReputationRep:
    Dont read too much into it ;-) youre not too old at all I am still in uni and will be 24 when I graduate, my best friend is 24 and shes lookin to go into education also lol shell be closer to 30 before gettin her dream job I started uni at 21 and was classed as a 'mature student' but people on your course will barely notice your age my friends on my course think im their age lol :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be 26 in my 2nd year. I hope to meet most of you old bags.. lol.

By the way.. You're not too old for this.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not late at all actually. Some people do multiple degrees until they find the right one. + Medical courses have mostly mature people on them

ReputationRep:
    No, 24 is fine.

You might even attract some of the younger ladies. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I hope not! am thinking of going to Uni next year when I will be 25 so if 24 is too old I will be ancient!

ReputationRep:
    I have people on my course ranging from 18 years old to early fifties. Definitely not too late! And when it comes to journalism in some cases it may give you an edge on the others if they find they need someone more mature or with more life experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    you're 24? ew. Thats so old
    How old are you mate? You look 30 in your photo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malefni)
    How old are you mate? You look 30 in your photo.
    I'm 12. Ew. Get away from me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 12. Ew. Get away from me.
    I'm truly sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm truly sorry to hear that.
    ew you pedo

ReputationRep:
    ew you pedo
    Must be hard living a life where you are 12 but have a face of a 30 year old. Good luck mate. Don't let the haters get to you.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Must be hard living a life where you are 12 but have a face of a 30 year old. Good luck mate. Don't let the haters get to you.

Cheers
    I'm 12. wat iz dis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kåte)
    What will you be studying at UWE?
    I will be studying a Ba at History yourself ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaksi567)
    Hi everybody, I am a 24 year old male who is going to be studying English and Journalism at UWE Bristol in September. However, what worries me is whether I have left it too late to make a career in journalism. For example, I will be 27 years old when my degree is finished and would media outlets still take me on and give me a job. Secondly, when I see younger people who have gone abroad and had work experience it makes me feel more insecure knowing that they are six years younger then me and have more experience. The only experience I have is writing for my student newspaper at College. Lastly at 24 years old will I still be able to enjoy myself or is it just me overreacting?
    I hope not, I'm 42 and start in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldiebutgoodie)
    I hope not, I'm 42 and start in September.
    Good Luck .

I always remember my aunt who had a friend who studied later perhaps in her 30's and after having children. She now ha s a good career with Swansea Council I think head of a department. So yes there really is absolutely no age restriction but the restrictions you place upon yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_91)
    Good Luck .

I always remember my aunt who had a friend who studied later perhaps in her 30's and after having children. She now ha s a good career with Swansea Council I think head of a department. So yes there really is absolutely no age restriction but the restrictions you place upon yourself.
    Thank you, and good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldiebutgoodie)
    Thank you, and good luck to you.
    Thanks hope you have a good time .

ReputationRep:
    I'm 41 and about to start my 3rd year in Counselling with Psychology. I don't think it's ever to late to go to uni as long as you're in it for the right reasons. If you see it as a 3 year doss then best of luck with that and then worrying about the massive debt But if you are serious and are going there to get stuck in, then yeah, it is definitely worth it. One of the pitfalls of leaving uni as a youngun is that, ok, you have the degree but you might lack a lot of life experience and many employers hold that as valuable as any degree. But yeah - if you are goona get stuck in then the pros absolutely outweigh the cons.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.