Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really down about being a bit naughty at university Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)
    Of course they can be nice. They can be smart, funny, good-looking and everything else but like I posted they may have a problem, consciously or subconsciously, with how many partners you've had.

That's why I think it's always best not to reveal your number. What happened in the past is in the past and it has no real bearing on present or future relationships.
    Seems a bit harsh to lie to them then

ReputationRep:
    I see no reason for being ashamed of embracing your sexuality and having a good time As long as you feel comfortable and safe with each of your partners then there is no reason to put a cap on the number of people you decide to have sex with! I think it's a typical case of women being made to feel as if they have to be "pure and innocent" while "boys will be boys"; you're number of sexual partners does not determine your self worth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    I'd say eating meat's a fair bit naughtier than what she's done
    Tell that to the vegetarians/vegans in my uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by donutaud15)
      As long as you were being safe then nothing to worry about. Not everyone in uni does it but then again not everyone in uni eats meat or drinks coffee so it's all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Lol at comparing sex to eating meat or drinking coffee. The social stigma attached to excessive casual sex is incomparable to those acts. I agree with you though, safety first, she's not even that bad tbh.

ReputationRep:
      Being banally hedonistic is bad yes.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheEssence)
      Lol at comparing sex to eating meat or drinking coffee. The social stigma attached to excessive casual sex is incomparable to those acts. I agree with you though, safety first, she's not even that bad tbh.
      As I said some people think eating meat or coffee are worse than sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nohomo)
      I'd say eating meat's a fair bit naughtier than what she's done
      Not if you're eating an extra bit of sausage on the side

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Till234)
      Does every girl do it? My number is not that bad I just feel awful because im just over 10 and I'm 21?
      is this for real?

personally any lad who judges your sexual history like that should ring alarm bells

preferably dont start your own brothel but other than that youre grand

nothing is wrong with being frisky..cheating on the other hand is a problem

ReputationRep:
      Don't think you should lie about it. Starting a relationship off with a lie is not a good thing. If you're so ashamed of what you've done you should have done it or continue. If it doesn't bother you then keep doing it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by redferry)
      Seriously get some self respect. And by that I don't mean sleep with less people, I mean stop ****ing worrying about it and go out and bloody live your life. Jesus.
      Someone needs to tell you to pipe down and stop breathing your personal view of the world down everyone's throats. Perhaps this girl's self-respect rests in part on a degree of sexual modesty, however unconscionable that might be to you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)
      6.02*10^23/(60*60*24*365*21)=9.09*10^14. So about 9*10^14 amount of sex per second.

Assumptions:

1. Letting the number of days in a year = 365, disregarding 365 and a quarter, and 366(leap year).

2. The girls you are talking about are perfectly aged 21.

Let 9*10^14 = x, and as x approaches 0, sex will tend to infinity(a vertical asymptote if virginity lost at 16) since the girls you are talking about have already lost their v-card, that means that you would get negative sex, which cannot occur.

I call bs.
      It's possible in Magaluf, apparently.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Birkenhead)
      Someone needs to tell you to pipe down and stop breathing your personal view of the world down everyone's throats. Perhaps this girl's self-respect rests in part on a degree of sexual modesty, however unconscionable that might be to you.
      Rather rich coming from you...

To attach self worth to an arbitrary number, and for it to decrease based on you 'enjoying yourself' sureley means any self worth was pretty tenuous to begin with...

ReputationRep:
      I wish you were at my uni, i'd love to "have fun" with you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Clip)
      I know some girls closing in on Avagadro's number.
      They are not enough people on Earth buddy.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Silver Arrow)
      I wish you were at my uni, i'd love to "have fun" with you.
      There are plenty of girls at your uni looking for fun already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by redferry)
      Rather rich coming from you...
      I argue forcefully but I don't breathe my views down other people's throats.

To attach self worth to an arbitrary number, and for it to decrease based on you 'enjoying yourself' sureley means any self worth was pretty tenuous to begin with...
      But she didn't say her self-worth decreased when her enjoyment of life increased, did she? She said that she is disappointed with her sexual behaviour, presumably because she is someone who values sexual modesty and feels that she failed to live up to her own personal standard of how she should behave in this area. The fact that she was enjoying herself at the time is not reason to believe the actions were therefore objectively 'good' anymore than binge drinking or casual street vandalism are. To say that for holding these expectations for herself she must therefore have problems with self-esteem is surely nothing but intolerance veiled as concern for her mental health.

And there was I thinking your Feminism had started to happily develop into a movement which encouraged women to live their own lives free of the expectations of the evil 'patriarchy' or the open-legged feminist school...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ElChapo)
      There are plenty of girls at your uni looking for fun already

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Every Web site I go on there are 'singles in your area looking for a good time'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Till234)
      Does every girl do it? My number is not that bad I just feel awful because im just over 10 and I'm 21?
      It's just a number and nothing special in this day and age.

Were you raised with 'traditional family values' or something?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Birkenhead)
      I argue forcefully but I don't breathe my views down other people's throats.

But she didn't say her self-worth decreased when her enjoyment of life increased, did she? She said that she is disappointed with her sexual behaviour, presumably because she is someone who values sexual modesty and feels that she failed to live up to her own personal standard of how she should behave in this area. The fact that she was enjoying herself at the time is not reason to believe the actions were therefore objectively 'good' anymore than binge drinking or casual street vandalism are. To say that for holding these expectations for herself she must therefore have problems with self-esteem is surely nothing but intolerance veiled as concern for her mental health.

And there was I thinking your Feminism had started to happily develop into a movement which encouraged women to live their own lives free of the expectations of the evil 'patriarchy' or the open-legged feminist school...
      So you compare sleeping around with street vandalism and binge drinking? Well I think we all know where you stand on the matter. I don't think the OP needs you to come around making her feel worse by telling her what she did is akin to criminal activity...

ReputationRep:
      No, not every girl at university does it; I didn't and I know others who didn't either. I don't think its bad what you done though and I don't think you should feel bad for it either. As long no-one was hurt I don't see the problem myself personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.