Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it too late to apply for a Masters (2014)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    That doesn't change the fact that their better programmes have been filled up...'Better' in this context draws from competitiveness.
    I think you are confused.

The courses that the OP wants to apply to are still open at the top departments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    That doesn't change the fact that their better programmes have been filled up...'Better' in this context draws from competitiveness.
    Oh....just stop, already. You really get tiresome when you go on like this.
    (And I'm allowed to say that, being an Oxbridge student on a competitive course. :rolleyes: )
    It has already been established that good courses for the OP are still open, albeit with no chance of funding.

ReputationRep:
    Just to put a nail in the coffin about "good" universities not having spaces left, check out oxford's list of courses still open for 2014 entry:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/postg...rogrammes.html

This may also be helpful to OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feartheunknown)
    just need references - which shouldn't take more than a few days.
    Make sure you know that your references can work that quickly! All of my recommenders preferred having at least a month's warning, and even after a couple of follow-ups one or two still sent the letters in a few days late.

And the only consistent advice I've heard from my profs re: grad school is that it's not something to rush into, especially if you're going to be funding it yourself. I know, for me, my applications got a lot stronger through having more time to think about what things I was interested in and what my direction was. You'll almost certainly be able to put a better foot forward and perform better on the course / research (the most important part of any higher education) with more time to plan, even if you're able to get admitted to start in three months.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.