Surah with most mutashabihat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯)
    Now your question reads like sexual innuendo

"Have you spilled the beans [into her] yet?"
    I thought someone might say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    No I'll watch them tomorrow. I've been watching a few lectures by sheikh Hassan Ali and to be honest a lot makes sense but at the same time he knows how to talk very convincingly.
    Out of curiosity what are u specifically having a problem with, the belief in Allah or the teachings of the religion

ReputationRep:
    I saw you said you have a interest in science which is where your questioning stems from?
    As you've memorised the Quran I was wondering whether you've researched into other religions particularly Hinduism, not for the sake of converting just to see your thoughts on its practices?

(Original post by TSA)
      No I'll watch them tomorrow. I've been watching a few lectures by sheikh Hassan Ali and to be honest a lot makes sense but at the same time he knows how to talk very convincingly.
      Shaykh Hasan Ali is my Imam. I have known him for years now and I have to say that although he is an exceptionally good speaker, I think this comes down to him genuinely believing in what he talks about (I don't believe every "Shaykh" does) as opposed to knowing how to talk "very convincingly".

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Fahmida98)
      Out of curiosity what are u specifically having a problem with, the belief in Allah or the teachings of the religion
      Both. It would have been better if I wrote a list of all the things that have led me to question my faith because at the moment I can all recall a fraction of the stuff.

Like another thing is people reciting the Qur'an yet having literally no idea what they are praying. None. Zilch. Zero.

I have a younger cousin whose parents are bringing him as a Muslim as you would expect with Muslim parents so they make him to certain things like pray before eating or before sleeping. Yet they themselves have no idea what they mean but do it because "Your Muslim and you have to".

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LondonLove29)
      I saw you said you have a interest in science which is where your questioning stems from?
      As you've memorised the Quran I was wondering whether you've researched into other religions particularly Hinduism, not for the sake of converting just to see your thoughts on its practices?
      No I haven't. However I've done research into other Abrahamic religions, and they are very interesting. And the amount of overlap is surprisingly high. When they are followed in the strictest manner there is really not that much separating them.

(Original post by FreedomCostsTax)
      Shaykh Hasan Ali is my Imam. I have known him for years now and I have to say that although he is an exceptionally good speaker, I think this comes down to him genuinely believing in what he talks about (I don't believe every "Shaykh" does) as opposed to knowing how to talk "very convincingly".
      Yeah, it definitely comes across. I cannot get that level of belief no matter how much I try and therefore it results in me questioning my faith.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
      Surah with most mutashabihat?
      Things like this annoy me a little.

Pray this and you'll be fine...
      Carry out 2 Rakats namaz before your exam and you'll be fine
      Don't worry about the exam son, I'll make dua

In my experience this does nothing.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TSA)
      Both. It would have been better if I wrote a list of all the things that have led me to question my faith because at the moment I can all recall a fraction of the stuff.

Like another thing is people reciting the Qur'an yet having literally no idea what they are praying. None. Zilch. Zero.

I have a younger cousin whose parents are bringing him as a Muslim as you would expect with Muslim parents so they make him to certain things like pray before eating or before sleeping. Yet they themselves have no idea what they mean but do it because "Your Muslim and you have to".
      Brother notice how the problem isn't the religion its the people. Religion is perfect people aren't.

(Original post by TSA)
        No I haven't. However I've done research into other Abrahamic religions, and they are very interesting. And the amount of overlap is surprisingly high. When they are followed in the strictest manner there is really not that much separating them.

Yeah, it definitely comes across. I cannot get that level of belief no matter how much I try and therefore it results in me questioning my faith.
        Perhaps you could share the things that are preventing your faith from increasing or making you lose faith?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TSA)
        Bit of background.

Come from a very strict ultra-conservative south Asian Muslim family
        I've memorised the the Qur'an cover to cover
        I'm 19 living away from home term-time (currently at home - fasting)
        Abstain from pork, ham and alcohol and only eat halal meat.
        Do have a non-Muslim girlfriend
        Pray and fast regularly

Anyway got to go away for a bit so I'll answer the questions when I get back.
        Everyone will come across a period of time in which they may question their belief or think that they are not getting the answers they are looking for, what most do not realise is that is the start of a journey to find out what exactly it is you believe in and find answers to the questions.
        Even the companions some of them felt doubt and when they told the prophet he told them to seek the truth and that was the beginning of true imaan or belief.
        Do you feel your journey has started ?!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Fahmida98)
        Brother notice how the problem isn't the religion its the people. Religion is perfect people aren't.
        It's not though. The religion also has problems. You only need to look at the threads on Islam on this forum with an open mind and you realise that there are a number of flaws in the religion.

(Original post by FreedomCostsTax)
        Perhaps you could share the things that are preventing your faith from increasing or making you lose faith?
        The above, last sentence.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Al-farhan)
        Everyone will come across a period of time in which they may question their belief or think that they are not getting the answers they are looking for, what most do not realise is that is the start of a journey to find out what exactly it is you believe in and find answers to the questions.
        Even the companions some of them felt doubt and when they told the prophet he told them to seek the truth and that was the beginning of true imaan or belief.
        Do you feel your journey has started ?!
        Kind of, I have been reading a lot about Islam recently, but they haven't been helping with the doubts and on the contrary been amplifying them.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TSA)
        Things like this annoy me a little.

Pray this and you'll be fine...
        Carry out 2 Rakats namaz before your exam and you'll be fine
        Don't worry about the exam son, I'll make dua

In my experience this does nothing.
        The scholars say that tawakuul or reliance upon Allah is to seek his aid in dua and prayer as though it is the only path to achieve your goal, and at the same time to do all the things that will lead you to your goal and work for it as though that is the only path.
        The prophet also said in the hadith:
        if you relied upon Allah a true reliance you would be as the birds which leave their nests hungry in the morning and return belly full''
        ie get up get out there and do your part, god will help you with the rest, take a step and Allah will take a step with you.

But us muslims these days we are just words no actions oh Allah give me ferrari {while he sits at home watching deal or no deal}

ReputationRep:
        When do you think you'll bite the bullet and leave it all behind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TSA)
        Kind of, I have been reading a lot about Islam recently, but they haven't been helping with the doubts and on the contrary been amplifying them.
        what kind of doubts?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ggmu!)
        When do you think you'll bite the bullet and leave it all behind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        I don't know, I might come out of this period of uncertainty a stronger Muslim or I might come out with no faith.

It's still a period where I require a lot of research, reading and contemplation.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TSA)
        I don't know, I might come out of this period of uncertainty a stronger Muslim or I might come out with no faith.

It's still a period where I require a lot of research, reading and contemplation.
        Good luck, don't betray yourself for anyone's expectations.

Edit: saw the bit where you said you're Indian (me too) and you were looking at your history. If you don't mind, what state do you come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TSA)
        It's not though. The religion also has problems. You only need to look at the threads on Islam on this forum with an open mind and you realise that there are a number of flaws in the religion.

The above, last sentence.
        If you use the internet as a source of knowledge especially TSR and its infinite number of trolls and bashers, I'm afraid you are doomed from the start.
        Best thing is to find someone whom you can talk with or discuss with who has some knowledge
        and discuss and ask your questions.

On a different note what country are you from and what is your traditional iftar?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.