Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do guys generally get along a lot better than girls do with each other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its a primal instinct, when a new female comes into the mix the other female automatically feels jealous or inadequate. Lack of confidence plays a major part of this, most girls can't even leave their houses without wearing make up so when a girl who is supposedly better looking walks by they instantly resent them :P

ReputationRep:
    Not all females are jealous and *****y. When me and my mates ***** about other its usually to take the piss and have a laugh. And we dont all get jel of prettier girls. Most girls are more likely to admit that another girls hot than guys. I like looking at other girls that are hot too. No homo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbit1234)
    Not all females are jealous and *****y. When me and my mates ***** about other its usually to take the piss and have a laugh. And we dont all get jel of prettier girls. Most girls are more likely to admit that another girls hot than guys. I like looking at other girls that are hot too. No homo
    Not all but a heck of a lot, majority of experiences I've had with girls have been with them. But not all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Something I have never understood. Guys tend to find common ground a lot easier with each other provided that they have a masculine type of respect for each other. No matter the race or social persuasion, guys just tend to find it very easy to get along with each other provided that there is a masculine respect and common interests.

But with girls, in my observations, tend to fall out with each other or try to belittle each other for the most innocuous of reasons. There is just so much politics when it comes to girls.
    generally speaking

boys compete for status via skills. like whos the best at football, who can drink the most, whos got the biggest penis, who can piss furthest.

girls compete for status via looks and popularity, who has the most friends, whos the prettiest, who does the hottest guy fancy, whos a slut etc.

so basically right from the off. men challenge each other via the competition. once the competition is done, all is well.

men also have to work better as a team to survive and hunt.

so during team sports they naturally fall into place in the shape of a leader, deputy, skilled cadre, less seasoned support and then the new comers.

girls are largely about uniform. hence why you see girls in the playground taking it in turns to skip whilst singing or dancing in sequence.

with guys its about winning.

with girls its about fitting in.

so you can be a bit of a screw up or awkward guy but you can be one of the boys as long as you have skill and usefulness.

girls alienated those who do not fit in. and spend most of their time practicing to keep in harmony and rhythm.

for girls to climb a ladder of status in a clique where everyone is suppose to be in harmony they have to employ covert espionage back handed dirty tactics. girls are great at politics that way. but they are also largely distrusted. so much so to the point that women would rather vote for a man than another women.

guys climb the ladder of status via skill. so the best footballer will usually be the captain of the team. but if hes not good at leading and just shows off and is NOT SKILLED at being captain he will be ditched as a 1 man showoff.

as boys and girls get older boys start to wise up to the power and status games. boys who dont fit in with the tribe of teams and sports unite in nerd packs. girls notice either either boys with playground status or boys that look like boys who have status on tv (justin bieber).

boys start now competing to get girls. girls start competing to get guys.
    sex is on the line.

both are experimenting on how best to win the opposite sex.
    fighting? showing off? how to dress? make up?

once women start getting divided up amongst the boys like currency some of the guys arnt happy with what theyve got and now you have guys screwing eachother over in the way girls were.

but girls are by now practiced at this and start to enter and control the flow of chaos, gossip, he said she said, in their favour.

guys start to think girls are cunning liers.

girls start improve their image of innocence.

girls then dedicate the rest of their lives trying to act like 25 year olds until they have a midlife crisis and realise they dont know who they are because theyve been trying to act like a cocktail of all the popular celebs and girls they aspire to be like.

men can have identity issues too but it is less wide spread and severe.

men now start to mistrust women and eachother but men start to realise that women are insane because they are an act of someone else.

girls dont know eachother. all they know is the act of eachother. like an avatar.

all of this is why i think guys get along better.

guys know who they are. they go for clearer measurable things such as feats of skill.

girls are all based on cloak and dagger status climbing, PR and perfecting the act of the girl they are not.

Spartacus blood and sand is a extreme but clear illustration of this

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by fojodef)
    X

Yeah, not reading all of that but having a big penis is absolutely not a skill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arieisit)

Yeah, not reading all of that but having a big penis is absolutely not a skill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no but measuring it is a competition

ReputationRep:
    The act of measuring? Where's the competition? No one should feel like a winner for something they had no control over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol you mustn't know much about guys because in the real world guys don't talk about who has the biggest penis. It's a subject that two guys wouldn't and shouldn't talk about because its freaking WEIRD. Girls once again have this delusion that's what we do when in fact IN THE REAL WORLD as long as we get that penis into a girl nothing else matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christianoginni)
    Lol you mustn't know much about guys because in the real world guys don't talk about who has the biggest penis. It's a subject that two guys wouldn't and shouldn't talk about because its freaking WEIRD. Girls once again have this delusion that's what we do when in fact IN THE REAL WORLD as long as we get that penis into a girl nothing else matters.
    IKR! I never had a discussion about my penis size with my friends before. I had discussions of others who we found out had small ones and it was just a big joke not and even that was rare. That is a taboo subject :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    Because we all like a pussy,beer and football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Incorrect statement. I do not like football or beer.

ReputationRep:
    We are all for the bants.

ReputationRep:
    You are crazy, who has "the largest penis" competitions? Or "who can pee the farthest" competitions?

ReputationRep:
    Guys will physically wreck each other, girls will mentally destroy their competitors. Maybe :dontknow:I don't want to generalise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My eyes are different colours. My left eye is blue and my right eye is brown. When I was going through my teen years the only people that would comment on it would be girls or effeminate guys. They'd ***** about it and say how 'weird' it was. The guys that I knew and met never said a word about it. They'd maybe ask why I had it but other than that it wouldn't bother them. Since I've been at uni, girls have said stuff like 'it makes you look so weird', 'you should get it fixed' (not even joking), 'what's wrong with you', they drag it out and constantly talk about it. Most guys just say, 'nice eye' and that's it.

My point is, women judge people far more than men do. Judging then leads to b*tching which, in turn, leads to falling out. Female hierarchy is solely based on appearance and popularity. Popularity is correlated to status and status is usually achieved as a result of attractiveness or who's the queen b*tch.

Guys can just get along with each other and focus on the here and now. When male friend get in a fight, they'll most likely be best mates again the next day. With women, it'll last years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    My eyes are different colours. My left eye is blue and my right eye is brown. When I was going through my teen years the only people that would comment on it would be girls or effeminate guys. They'd ***** about it and say how 'weird' it was. The guys that I knew and met never said a word about it. They'd maybe ask why I had it but other than that it wouldn't bother them. Since I've been at uni, girls have said stuff like 'it makes you look so weird', 'you should get it fixed' (not even joking), 'what's wrong with you', they drag it out and constantly talk about it. Most guys just say, 'nice eye' and that's it.

My point is, women judge people far more than men do. Judging then leads to b*tching which, in turn, leads to falling out. Female hierarchy is solely based on appearance and popularity. Popularity is correlated to status and status is usually achieved as a result of attractiveness or who's the queen b*tch.

Guys can just get along with each other and focus on the here and now. When male friend get in a fight, they'll most likely be best mates again the next day. With women, it'll last years.
    It is because women feel the need to take out their own insecurities on others, they do this by *****ing about other girls or by insulting guys.

Men, generally, do not care about flaws in other men, whereas women have to point out every flaw.

ReputationRep:
    I think it mainly comes down to how both sexes deal with anger and problems with others. Guys generally end up having a go at whoever they're pissed off, getting into a fight or w/e, or at least outwardly showing their discontent.

Girls often (or at least, are more likely to) be like 'naa I'm K' and then chat about each other behind their backs or scheme against whoever they don't like in their group.

Guys can be d-bags to other guys, but girls are often downright cruel to each other.

ReputationRep:
    God knows, jealousy usually. I ****ing hate girl groups. Find it impossible to get along with them, I try and they're all vile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Something I have never understood. Guys tend to find common ground a lot easier with each other provided that they have a masculine type of respect for each other. No matter the race or social persuasion, guys just tend to find it very easy to get along with each other provided that there is a masculine respect and common interests.

But with girls, in my observations, tend to fall out with each other or try to belittle each other for the most innocuous of reasons. There is just so much politics when it comes to girls.
    Men can make jokes about each other ( as long as its not too much), girls on the other hand take themselves more seriously because they make decisions based more on emotion and operate in a society where their looks are always in question.

Furthermore as men are the ones who initiate things with a women, we have common ground the subject. Guys joke about how many girls they've had etc. There is a adoration and respect for a guy who gets girls and a 'we will help the guy who doesn't' understanding. Most of the time. For girls they compete over who is the prettiest because they don't do any of the approaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christianoginni)
    Its a primal instinct, when a new female comes into the mix the other female automatically feels jealous or inadequate. Lack of confidence plays a major part of this, most girls can't even leave their houses without wearing make up so when a girl who is supposedly better looking walks by they instantly resent them :P
    Not really, you're not even a girl so what would you know?

People are good looking and better looking than others in different ways. Only insecure girls would resent the other, it doesn't apply to all

And people should be resented if they are nasty to others (applies to all, even good looking people)

ReputationRep:
    Guys get jealous too; they are just a lot more subtle about it. But yes, women won't hesitate to express jealousy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.