Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have someone cook my something nice and nutritious than 'cook' myself a horrible 'meal'... Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMUequine)
    I'd rather have someone cook my something nice and nutritious than 'cook' myself a horrible 'meal'... Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most people would. The point is that those who are willing to do so are few and far between and will get fed up of doing it, so you had better learn. No one who is capable of going to university is incapable of learning to cook and being helpless soon gets very old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Most people would. The point is that those who are willing to do so are few and far between and will get fed up of doing it, so you had better learn. No one who is capable of going to university is incapable of learning to cook and being helpless soon gets very old.
    I am aware, I do not expect to be Molly coddled and catered for! However I am hoping someone will help me there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first year and I still don't think I can really 'cook' But you get better and you learn what you should and shouldn't do.

You still have time before uni, see what you can learn beforehand!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we were going to the same uni I wouldn't mind but oh well...

ReputationRep:
    I can do basic things but really don't think my level of 'expertise' is enough to survive off of!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol well start learning then hahah

ReputationRep:
    Just live on pot noodles or microwave stuff... Or go on a cookery course.
    practise cooking in your spare time and look up tips on the internet. What can you cook?

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, you absolutely can cook. You haven't done so yet, but that's not the same thing. Get practicing. The majority of cooking amounts to "throw things in pan and cook until they taste nice".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.