Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the worst summer job you've ever had? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosferatu)
    I had an encounter with a street fundraiser the other day - I was walking past with my headphones on and he was basically heckling me, I said I wasn't interested and he proceeded to insult me and call me a ********. Suffice to say I told him not to insult his potential customers and walked off. He must've been frustrated with the job though to do that.
    Or a complete and utter cockwomble.

ReputationRep:
    Current place. It's this web company in Brighton that's trying to be cool with a fake pier etc.

They're too nice with their constantly giving me tea, Their giant TV in the bar area, the air hockey table. They're definitely all up to something or giant lizards potentially both.

Only other bad jobs were your standard boring ASDA shelf stacking but that's just bad because it's boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filthynines)
    Or a complete and utter cockwomble.
    Yeah probably, he did have the look of a scruffy layabout. Not the usual students I'm used to.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Having to work in retail. Especially during a summer sale.

Never. Again. :pierre:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    EXCITING NEWS: A selection of the worst summer jobs from this thread has been picked up by ITV and AOL.

See more here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...102&p=48576776
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    working at a travel agency - it was quite depressing, because you get people booking all these relaxing cruise holidays, fancy exotic holidays and exciting activity holidays while you're stuck indoors over the summer busy facilitating their holiday arrangements...

ReputationRep:
    My worst job wasn't a summer job, it was a weekend job at Boots while I was at college. If I'd just been working on the tills it would have been fine, but stupidly in my interview I said I was interested in healthcare, so they put me behind the medicine counter. Customers expect you to advise them on what over the counter products would be best for their ailments but as I had no training I had no more idea than them. And also due to my lack of training I had to go and check every single over the counter item I sold with the pharmacist, which pissed the customers off and was embarrassing.

My worst summer job was doing data entry, entering people's details from a petition into a spreadsheet. It was so mind-numbingly dull as I literally just had this one task to do all day every day. However I got paid £9/hour for it so it was probably worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Packing bottles of Lynx and Dove into gift boxes for Unilever/DHL. Worst job ever. I did night-shifts too

ReputationRep:
    JD, got £4.10 an hour and felt like a slave

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.