Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Writing online? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i have just used blogspot and wordpress for blogs ? i also published on Kindle.
    How would you go about publishing on Kindle? I've been interested in something like that for a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.louise)
    Haha! I heard long ago how useless a writing degree alone is. Thankfully combined degrees are much safer...but hey, we'll see!
    just incase you do end up being a toilet attendant do you want to join my society? basically at the university im going to along with other people i know who will be at different unis we will each be setting up a society in each uni for potential cleaners/toilet attendants so they have somewhere to go when they finish their degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fastlove)
    just incase you do end up being a toilet attendant do you want to join my society? basically at the university im going to along with other people i know who will be at different unis we will each be setting up a society in each uni for potential cleaners/toilet attendants so they have somewhere to go when they finish their degree.
    Totally!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what experiences people have had with publishing their own content online? I've used Authonomy and Wattpad in the past and I've had a blog for the last four years. Does anyone else struggle with how time-consuming it can be?

Also, what sites do people use and what have you picked up on over the years?
    I've had a really positive experience writing online I used to use Wattpad and Figment a lot, but now I mainly use MissLiterati.com, it's a much smaller community, and is not as social as Wattpad (but they're working on improvements now) but it also means it's easier to get noticed unlike Wattpad where it's very difficult. I've yet to experience plagiarism which I'm thankful for lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    I've had a really positive experience writing online I used to use Wattpad and Figment a lot, but now I mainly use MissLiterati.com, it's a much smaller community, and is not as social as Wattpad (but they're working on improvements now) but it also means it's easier to get noticed unlike Wattpad where it's very difficult. I've yet to experience plagiarism which I'm thankful for lol.

Oooh, interesting! The problem I've had with wattpad, and the reason why I've only just gone back to it after a year, is that there was a really unhealthy atmosphere and the system for getting noticed was so corrupt and immature.

Tell me more about MissLiterati? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, interesting! The problem I've had with wattpad, and the reason why I've only just gone back to it after a year, is that there was a really unhealthy atmosphere and the system for getting noticed was so corrupt and immature.

Tell me more about MissLiterati? :-)
    Ohh right. I've only recently joined back up again, but I'm still not feeling it.

Miss Literati is more of a female based writing site, so it's aimed for teen/young adult girls. Even though for some reason there's been a rise in younger girls which can be quite annoying... It's a very easy layout, easy to navigate. But like I said they're working on improvements after putting out a blog asking what we want. They do some really good monthly competitions, and an annual one called Story Of The Year, where everyone's able to vote for their favourite story. It started in 2012, a friend of mine one the first one and I actually won it for 2013 2014 starts November and ends next February. They've also introduced Story Of The Summer, a similar thing to Story Of The Year but it's a little more low key. I suggest at least checking it out and seeing if it's something you might like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    How would you go about publishing on Kindle? I've been interested in something like that for a while!
    https://kdp.amazon.com/

I'm considering doing it myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    it is quite straightforward ; you will need to provide bank codes ( if you intend to make money ! ) and there is an American Tax Declaration thing to fill in but not too complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Ohh right. I've only recently joined back up again, but I'm still not feeling it.

Miss Literati is more of a female based writing site, so it's aimed for teen/young adult girls. Even though for some reason there's been a rise in younger girls which can be quite annoying... It's a very easy layout, easy to navigate. But like I said they're working on improvements after putting out a blog asking what we want. They do some really good monthly competitions, and an annual one called Story Of The Year, where everyone's able to vote for their favourite story. It started in 2012, a friend of mine one the first one and I actually won it for 2013 2014 starts November and ends next February. They've also introduced Story Of The Summer, a similar thing to Story Of The Year but it's a little more low key. I suggest at least checking it out and seeing if it's something you might like
    Ooh, it sounds good :-P I'll check out this week! Thanks for telling me about it. And congrats :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.