Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Conclusion of this thread. The nicest people hang out on the bus
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Too bad that wouldnt happen in london anymore because from yesterday you cant pay by cash on the buses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha true, though mine was a Surrey bus so it will always happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    I did that once but the woman saw me and decided to stop running towards the bus for some reason. Cue an awkward silence for way too long when I pretended to be looking for my bus pass, even though the driver knew what I was doing and started to raise his voice at me whilst she leisurely strolled towards us. She didn't even say thank you
    Some people right, so ungrateful :rolleyes: that was real nice of you though :yep:

I always say thank you because I'm kind like that :u:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember what it is, but a stranger made a really nice gesture to me. I'll update if I remember

Check out TSR Movie Madness

ReputationRep:
    This guy once gave us a lift in town because the bus was running every hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Really in London? I live in north London. This has not happened to me!!
    I live in South West London so I was surprised! I thought North London is pretty diverse though, it will happen to you eventually haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    Someone found my Galaxy S4 and returned it to me within 5 minutes of me ringing my phone

My phonecase also had money and my cards with it
    How sweet

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Too bad that wouldnt happen in london anymore because from yesterday you cant pay by cash on the buses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • Welcome Squad

I'm a nice human being. So what I did for someone:

They didn't have enough money for their shopping, so I paid the amount they owed

ReputationRep:
    Gave me the offer that let me into Med School

ReputationRep:
    The canteen worker at my workplace gave me a free cupcake today :love:

ReputationRep:
    A woman bought me a packet of chocolate buscuits in a shop and told me to focus on my studies. So basically i did not have to pay for the buscuits i was intending to buy-that was so sweet and caring.

ReputationRep:
    Was short of a few pennys for the bus fare. This girl gave me all her silvers to pay for it. There was still like five quid left after I used the money.
    Train conductor delayed one of the trains cuz me and my friend had missed our stop and went past it.
    Been offered free lifts (never taken it)
    when I dropped a few papers from my folder a random lady helped to pick it up (which I thought was nice since it was the time people are rushing to school)
    this pervy guy working in a kebab shop gives us a lot of free munch whenever we come. Which is goood.
    when wearing asian clothes on eid me and my cousins get random white people telling us how gorgeous we look. Lol

ReputationRep:
    I was in my school cafe and the dinner lady complemented my eyelashes and when I was about to pay I was short on Money but gave me free food :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Two lovely sparkys changed my tyre after I got a flat They were the nicest blokes, wouldn't even let me buy them a drink for their trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaDog0127)
    I went on a skip trip once with my school and couldn't stop sliding backwards towards the edge of this drop that was taped off, I was freaking out because no matter what I did I slid closer and closer to the edge until a random french guy going past dragged me by the arm to some flat ground. Thank you, random french man.
    you sure that wasn't just rolf harris putting on an accent hmmmm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    I'm a nice human being. So what I did for someone:

They didn't have enough money for their shopping, so I paid the amount they owed
    I bet any money if it was some Muslim woman who needed help paying for her shopping you wouldn't do it, so you're probs not that nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    I bet any money if it was some Muslim woman who needed help paying for her shopping you wouldn't do it, so you're probs not that nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe they would've. Give them the benefit of the doubt )

ReputationRep:
    Got an extra naan from my local takeaway for free.

That generosity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Got an extra naan from my local takeaway for free.

That generosity.
    Hehe...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    Hehe...
    Not even joking btw.

It's the most a stranger has ever done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.