Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Hey everyone
    So this thread is for anyone applying to Bath for 2015 or for deferred entry to 2016!
    So I'll start by posting about me and later on if people use this thread, I'll try and make a note of everyone applying for each course.

GCSEs: 4 A*s, 3As, 3.5 Bs, an A in FSMQ.
    Course: Natural Sciences
    A-levels: Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Self-teaching further maths.
    A-Level grades: Will fill out on August 14th

I went to the open day on the 19th and absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful town, too, and the new accommodation was so fancy

Spoiler:
    Show

Economics and Politics
    NikolaT

Mathematics
    TLHroolz

Natural Sciences

Cerlohee
    L'Evil Fish
    Heyy !! i'm doing the exact same subjects as you tooo ... self studying FM as well. I will be applying for biochem engineering. If i may ask, what other unis are you looking at ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth-jane)
    Hi, I'm a current student, but I'm not a big night club person I must say! But from what I can tell from my flat mates there are some good clubs in town, although not as many as some other university towns. However there are lots of pubs and tourist attractions in town and brilliant shops!
    The town is always busy with tourists, but that means there is pretty much always an event of some kind going on. The local comedy club is good plus there is a cinema which the film club gets cheap tickets for, as well as the odeon.
    hope that helps!
    If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me!
    Helooo ! which course are you currently studying ? Also, I've heard that Bath is more pricey when it comes to everyday items since it's a tourist town. Is it really expensive? How are the professors? are there research opportunities available to undergrads? Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachu)
    Heyy !! i'm doing the exact same subjects as you tooo ... self studying FM as well. I will be applying for biochem engineering. If i may ask, what other unis are you looking at ?
    Ahh twinning What modules are you doing? And have you started yet?
    I'm applying to Leeds, Cambridge and Durham for Natural Sciences but also to Manchester for chemistry!!
    Where else are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh twinning What modules are you doing? And have you started yet?
    I'm applying to Leeds, Cambridge and Durham for Natural Sciences but also to Manchester for chemistry!!
    Where else are you applying to?
    I did FP1, M2 and S2 for AS.. for A2 I'll be doing FP2, FP3 and most likely M3. I started FP2 yesterday .. seems very interesting . I am also looking at Manchester, Birmingham and Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, thought I would join in:

GCSEs: 6A*s, 3As, 3Bs
    AS levels: AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry respectively
    A2s: A* in Maths

I'm applying for physics and mathematics with a year in industry! any other physics or maths applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachu)
    I did FP1, M2 and S2 for AS.. for A2 I'll be doing FP2, FP3 and most likely M3. I started FP2 yesterday .. seems very interesting . I am also looking at Manchester, Birmingham and Nottingham.
    Oh cool! It's annoying because I've gone and taught myself the modules that I'm gonna have to do at school next year, where I was meant to only teach the ones I should've done the past year... :rolleyes:

Yeah I visited Nottingham! I love it there so much really upset that I don't like their NatSci course (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Cantoni)
    Hi guys, thought I would join in:

GCSEs: 6A*s, 3As, 3Bs
    AS levels: AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry respectively
    A2s: A* in Maths

I'm applying for physics and mathematics with a year in industry! any other physics or maths applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully as this thread continues you'll find some
    Ooh a year in industry-nice! Where else were you thinking of applying?
    Congrats on your results btw!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully as this thread continues you'll find some
    Ooh a year in industry-nice! Where else were you thinking of applying?
    Congrats on your results btw!
    Hope so!!
    Yeah was stuck between that and a masters but I think in terms of securing work, the year in industry will be more useful! I'm also applying to Bristol, Birmingham, Cambridge (Fitzwilliam) and Lancaster! And cheers, well done on yours too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone
    So this thread is for anyone applying to Bath for 2015 or for deferred entry to 2016!
    So I'll start by posting about me and later on if people use this thread, I'll try and make a note of everyone applying for each course.

GCSEs: 4 A*s, 3As, 3.5 Bs, an A in FSMQ.
    Course: Natural Sciences
    A-levels: Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Self-teaching further maths.
    Predicted: A, A, A*, A, A* respectively!
    AS-Level grades: A's in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and a B in Physics

I went to the open day on the 19th and absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful city, too, and the new accommodation was so fancy

Spoiler:
    Show

Biochemical Engineering
    rachu

Economics and Politics
    NikolaT

Mathematics
    TLHroolz

Mathematics and Physics
    Fred Cantoni

Natural Sciences
    Cerlohee
    L'Evil Fish
    Thought I would join in as well even though my subjects are completely different to everyone else!

GCSEs: 2 A*s, 2As, 4 Bs, 1 Pass
    Course: Management with Marketing
    A-levels: Geography, Health and Social Care, Business, Sociology.
    Predicted: A, A, A
    AS-Level grades: A's in Sociology, Health and Social Care and Business and a B in Geography (dropped)

I am going up on the 13th for the open day, very excited!

ReputationRep:
    Updated my stats.

(Original post by Damask-)
    It's sporty without a doubt, and it has the quirks that go with that (people walking round in shorts and flip-flops with Team Bath hoodies year-round) but I'm one of those academically-oriented people you describe and I haven't really experienced much pressure to join teams etc.

Most people are involved in at least one society or sport just like at any other university (it's good being well rounded, after all) but it just so happens that here, quite a few people play competitive or just-for-fun sports.
    Is there stuff for people who aren't amazing at sports? Just for the lols of exercise

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm thinking about applying for Biology (with deferred entry).
    GCSEs: 5A*s & 4As
    AS Level: Chemistry A, Biology A, Spanish A & English Lit B (dropped)
    Anyone else going to the open day this Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunandstars)
    Hi!
    I'm thinking about applying for Biology (with deferred entry).
    GCSEs: 5A*s & 4As
    AS Level: Chemistry A, Biology A, Spanish A & English Lit B (dropped)
    Anyone else going to the open day this Saturday?
    I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you thinking of applying for? Let us know how you found it!

ReputationRep:
    What are you thinking of applying for? Let us know how you found it!
    Management with marketing, how about you?

And yes I will do, I'm really excited I've heard Bath is beautiful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaheys)
    Management with marketing, how about you?

And yes I will do, I'm really excited I've heard Bath is beautiful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you guys picked some talks? I booked one of the introduction to bath talks and a talk in the Biology Department (as that is what I want to study).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Updated my stats.

Is there stuff for people who aren't amazing at sports? Just for the lols of exercise
    There aren't that many amazing people! Whatever level you're at, even if you're a total beginner, there are always sports you can get involved with.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 3As, 5 Bs, an C in sociology (who cares :P)
    Course: Aerospace Engineering
    A-levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics
    Predicted: A*,A*,B respectively
    AS-Level grades: AACC in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics respectively. Although the C's are being remarked

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new to this! I was just wondering if there was anyone who could tell me if my GCSEs are too low to bother applying for Psychology?
    GCSEs: 4As 4Bs 1D
    IB Highers: Biology, Chemistry and Psychology
    IB Higher predicted: 6, 6, 7 (38 overall)

ReputationRep:
    Updated the list of everyone applying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lissn)
    Hi, I'm new to this! I was just wondering if there was anyone who could tell me if my GCSEs are too low to bother applying for Psychology?
    GCSEs: 4As 4Bs 1D
    IB Highers: Biology, Chemistry and Psychology
    IB Higher predicted: 6, 6, 7 (38 overall)
    I don't think your GCSEs are too low, and that you should defo apply!! You show a clear improvement in grades, and as GCSEs were so long ago, it wouldn't make sense to ignore your IB predictions!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.