Netherlands win in Extra Time
    8.96%
    Argentina win in Penalties
    25.37%
    Netherlands win in Penalties
    13.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    500/1 is an extremely outside shot, think England to win 3 world cups in a row(or even 1 perhaps!)

1/1 is basically a coin flip, and generally straying above 6/4 is considered quite risky.
    Hahahah yeah I get it now, was just using them numbers as an example but yeah one world cup would fit it better after this year's showing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not making any predictions after yesterday's Semi. Damn you sr90 for bumping an old thread.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Argentina 3 - 1 Netherlands

ReputationRep:
    500/1 is an extremely outside shot, think England to win 3 world cups in a row(or even 1 perhaps!)

1/1 is basically a coin flip, and generally straying above 6/4 is considered quite risky.
    Or Germany winning 7-1 against Brazil

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer...-30417105.html

Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)

Hahaha
    WOW lucky them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, to me its a game of Rojo v Robben. From what i've seen Rojo loves attacking and almost plays like a winger. If he does that v Robben then:

For Argentina Fans

It should be a decent game, im think Argentina will be on the front foot with Holland trying to hit them on the break

Im going for 3-2 Argentina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)

Hahaha
    Unbelievable bet.

Got to say though that with the rughtless counter-attacking mentality of the Germans and Brazil's nerves and rashness that perhaps a hammering was not so unlikely, perhaps even inevitable.

I had £50 on Germany at 2/1 so chuffed with my £100 profit anyway :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Usually I think individual battles in matches of this magnitude are quite irrelevant, but it's hard to not see this being Messi vs Robben in a battle of who'll make and take majority of their chances. Both have the chance to make this tournament theirs tonight. Funny that come Sunday night, Robben could be favourite for the Ballon d'Or.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Usually I think individual battles in matches of this magnitude are quite irrelevant, but it's hard to not see this being Messi vs Robben in a battle of who'll make and take majority of their chances. Both have the chance to make this tournament theirs tonight. Funny that come Sunday night, Robben could be favourite for the Balon d'Or.
    Ballon d'Or? Really? I'm not too sure about that to be honest. It will be a low scoring game imo, a tight cagey affair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see it being a low score affair tho I also see both defences being shaky at the back. I would like Argentina to win but have a feeling Netherlands being the better team overall will win unless Messi turns up then it's his show.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable bet.

Got to say though that with the rughtless counter-attacking mentality of the Germans and Brazil's nerves and rashness that perhaps a hammering was not so unlikely, perhaps even inevitable.

I had £50 on Germany at 2/1 so chuffed with my £100 profit anyway :cool:
    Yep.

I also made a profit on Germany at 2/1. Except I only put 1 pound down lol.

As soon as I saw the first 10 minutes, it had all the hallmarks of 4 1 against England so I put down the over 2.5 as well

ReputationRep:
    Whoever wins will have their work cut out against Ze Germans in the final :yy:

ReputationRep:
    RVP has been a bit off recently.

ReputationRep:
    ARGENTINA FOR LIFE.

they will trash holland

mark my words

4-2 respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Dutch will take this one, or they will at least be the better side and Argentina may scab a 1-0 win with a bit of Messi magic. Argentina have looked so poor this tourney having scraped pretty much every single game.

So hope the dutch serve it to 'em

ReputationRep:
    Hoping the dutch pull through going to be a tough match for them i'd say 2-1 netherlands

ReputationRep:
    Could be a real tight one. As others have said Rojo against Robben. Rojo was supposed to be the weak link in the defense but hes been extremely good.

ReputationRep:
    I predict 3-1 holland

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping NL wins, desperate for a finals showdown between them and Germany! After the madness they pulled against Mexico, I'm confident they can pull out a win

ReputationRep:
    If argentina win the world cup, they will take back the falklands in celebration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    This is going to be a bore 0-0 now :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope not, tbf it can't be worse than Iran vs Nigeria imo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.