Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anti paedophile measures/technology Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Well, I'm speaking more about paedophiles who haven't commited any acts yet. While I'm not going to get into the death penalty and why I'm against it, acting before someone commits a crime is preferable.

Like with rape and all sexual abuse, the boogie man of someone lying in wait at the dark does not describe the majority of cases. If such desires were seen as a mental illness, something to be treated, it may prompt potential paedophiles to take a step back and think "I better talk to a therapist" rather than "if anyone finds out about these thoughts, I'm dead".
    I agree actually. I'd only give the death penalty to those that ACT on their urges. Normally, I too am against it, sex offenders are the only exception for me. They make a decision to do what they do, and it destroys people. I think offering therapeutic help would be interesting, aside from helpful. I wonder how many people we would find out are secretly attracted to children?

ReputationRep:
    I think the correct term is child molester. A paedophile may not have abused a child. I don't think you can do much. Unless you stop children going near any adult (that isn't a parent) and that is not feasible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I think the correct term is child molester. A paedophile may not have abused a child. I don't think you can do much. Unless you stop children going near any adult (that isn't a parent) and that is not feasible.
    Even then you still cannot guarantee it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, drop paedophiles into this machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPs4HSiaSc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Even then you still cannot guarantee it.
    Definitely, but you can't keep a child away from their parents, just in case. Things are already crazy enough as they are. You can't hide kids away from the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Definitely, but you can't keep a child away from their parents, just in case. Things are already crazy enough as they are. You can't hide kids away from the world.
    Aye I know wasn't suggesting you should, just pointing out there is NEVER a guarantee that children will not be exposed to paedophiles especially since the majority of child molestations occur with someone the child knows such as family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    I agree, until they act, it's not a crime. But if you read my post, I stated that it was directed to those that act on their urges. EDIT- however, I've no interest in how hard they tried to control theirselves. They should try harder.
    Oh I know what you meant, but it's apparent to me that too many people make the assumption that paeodophilia = act. If we cannot differentiate between paedophilia and child molestations, those that get branded with the correct medical term of paedophilia will never escape the stigma!

Also, certainly, but it would certainly be a lot easier for them to control themselves if they were to receive help for their condition. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosferatu)
    Round up paedophiles and have them all summarily executed. Problem solved.

Although the House of Commons might look a bit bare.
    Then you will be executing a lot of people who have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.