Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you tell your family/friends that you love/care for them? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My gran and papa every time we call each other which is every day usually.
    My mum every night we send each other "night night love you" texts as well as texting through out the day
    My partner and I say it to each other throughout the day and we always say it when we were are going to sleep as well. One of us will turn around and kiss them and say "I love you. Night night".

ReputationRep:
    To my mum and dad I say it all the time, like loads of times in the day, especially when I'm annoying them. I will also say It to my closest uncle a lot of times, usually he just says "okay" or "I hate you" as a joke so I have to force it back out of him

To my brother and sister, probably still more than once a day but less than my parents by a large way. Again usually when I'm annoying them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    0.o

Dang, man - that's cold...
    Nah, we mess about. I call her fat, she calls me adopted. Lol.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I tell my husband and kids I love them a lot. Multiple times a day.

My mother I tell her when I'm saying bye to her when we've been speaking on the phone or if we've had a visit with each other. Same for my dad (or if I've been speaking to my dad on Facebook).

That's it, I don't tell anybody else I love them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

At one point my mum tried to start saying 'love you' after her texts and I never said it back so she just stopped :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

every day! :love:

and i always say i love you to everyone in my family before i sleep! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Before I saw this thread I messaged my dad to tell him I missed him. I say it quite often to my family because my grandad died 10 years ago and I can't remember telling him I loved him before he died and it still bugs me although I know he adored me. I want my family and friends to know that I love them and appreciate them.

ReputationRep:
    I tell my mum and dad I love them every day. It's just something we do in our family.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't say it outside of written communication. In my experience, people who tell people they love/care for them all the time are compensating for the shortcomings of their actions.

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely as I'm too shy to say it to my family more often.

ReputationRep:
    Never

ReputationRep:
    I tell my family I love them a few times a day. It's become a habit to say "Love you." whenever I or they leave a room. When my friends come over I have to pay attention so that I don't accidentally say it them :P

ReputationRep:
    Never

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.