Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlett2111)
    Any advices for AS Psychology??
    Hello, can I ask what exam board you are doing, as then I can see whether I can help as the spec do vary quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troytheboy)
    What is the hardest section for psychology, you would advise revising? - I have started revising for sociology and psychology already haha just need guidance
    What exam board are you doing for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    I was on AQA. My teacher was great and had picked some really interesting units.

-Advice would be to make sure you understand things in lesson (it is such a pain re-teaching yourself things during revision time).
    -Make sure you can memorize theories, studies, and facts about them. Try cue cards or mind maps. In order for you to memorise all the little details I'd suggest you go over things in your spare time a LOT, so it is practically ingrained in your mind.
    -A lot of it is essay work, make sure you are coherent and answer the question instead of going off topic, which is surprisingly easy to do.
    -Ensure you address AO1, AO2 (and AO3?) your teacher will tell you about these.
    -Evaluation is important, you gotta expand, when evaluating theories/studies etc.

Don't leave it till the end unless you have a fantastic memory or knack for psychology (:cool:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlygiggle)
    Hello, can I ask what exam board you are doing, as then I can see whether I can help as the spec do vary quite a bit
    Hello,i'll be on AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlett2111)
    Hello,i'll be on AQA.
    Ok, so it really also depends what options you pick. For AS I did memory, developmental psychology, social psychology, stress, individual differences and research methods.

My advice would be:
    • Use the textbook as much as possible. I used the complete companion AS textbook and it is well worth the money. It has all you need and will help you get the best grade possible
    • Create a glossary of key terms as you come across new words - I didn't do this but wish I had done - its much easier this way when it comes to revision!
    • Have a read of the specification before you start the course. That way you are one step ahead of everyone else.
    • Use your teachers as much as possible - get them to mark past papers - practice is key in psychology as there is a technique as such to answering the questions
    • Create "key study" cards with the research carried out, and who by
    • When it comes to revision, mindmaps really help with AO1 (description) and AO2 (evaluation) written in different colours - it's a fun and effective way to revise!
    • And finally do not be put off psychology by research methods. I know many people do not like this section, but it can be quite interesting and is the basis to all experiments

I hope some of that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.