Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if a girl puts you in the friendzone, does she dislike you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh)
    i ain't a feminist or any **** like that, but please stop with the friendzone idea.

she doesn't like you the same way you liked her.

you ain't friends now, be honest with yourself.

pick yourself up, go to a club, join okcupid, inbox some people on facebook, just move on.

stop limiting yourself by spouting about the 'friendzone'.
    is it because of my face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dire wolf)
    is it because of my face
    probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    means you're ugly.
    Straight to the point, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djent)
    It means you are a lamp or any common household inanimate object for example. You are useful and needed at times but you're not loved or truly cared for like a coffee machine or the television.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great analogy, you should be a public speaker.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, just means she doesn't like you in the way that you like her :P

ReputationRep:
    She does if you whine about the sodding friendzone.

I was basically 'put in the friendzone' by a guy I liked, but that's not how it works, it's a case of 'I like chatting you but I don't want to date you', and that's fine, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them, it means you just don't hit their fancy. He liked someone else more and apart from a brief period where I was a tad jealous, I ran into her a while later and remembered that the girl in question is actually lovely so I can't possibly be mad with anyone about that. You can't help who you like. And likewise I've had friends I really like and love hanging out with, but I don't want to date them. You know, I love all my friends but in a platonic way and it drives me up the wall the way people treat platonic relationships as inferior to romantic ones. People talk about 'friendzoning' as if it's a terrible thing that's been done to them cruelly and deliberately. Sometimes people just don't fancy you and that's ok.

ReputationRep:
    Guaranteed, check her next boyfriend and you'll see a wasteman.

ReputationRep:
    Rather than getting mad at the girl or obsessing over this question, go do something else

ReputationRep:
    i was led to believe that 'You know when, sometimes you meet someone so beautiful, and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later, they’re as dull as a brick? Then there’s other people, and you meet them and you think, ‘Not bad; they’re okay.’ And then you get to know them, and their face sort of becomes them, like their personality is written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful. X's the most beautiful man I’ve ever met.' is how it works, and you're telling me it's not?
    I'm not saying that's not how it works, I'm talking about how I work and for me looks will pretty much be either equal or slightly more than personality but they're both important. However sometimes if I have known you for ages looks would be less important because as you've said I've gotten to know them

ReputationRep:
    Na in most cases it just means she isn't attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    so basically, "your face is not good enough - try again in 5 yrs"??
    No, it's just that they're waiting for their heart to 'flutter'. But it never does because it's a load of rubbish. So they wait and friendzone everyone they have actually developed solid friendships with based on mutual enjoyment of each others' company, and go out with relative strangers because there's less at stake and they get a thrill from experiencing things with someone they don't know, sometimes mistaking the thrill for this long-anticipated flutter

Their friends are always going to be there, they're boring and static in comparison. That's why becoming friends first with a girl you want to date is a bad idea. There's no correlation to how you look, because if you were hideous enough to not date, you'd be too hideous to develop a meaningful bond in the first place. Extremely hot guys will get more relationships because girls are more likely to push for a relationship prior to becoming friends with them. Normal guys have to make the effort to engage before they become part of the girl's wider friends pool

edit: None of my relationships/hook-ups have ever been with close friends, they've always been with people who are friends of friends or general friends within a large friendship group. The best place in my experience to strike something up is at a friend's party where most of the people are strangers, or the same but a friend's friend's party where you go as a +1. Knowing barely anyone makes you more likely to chat with everyone, you stand out from their friends group because they don't know you, and (from the girls perspective) if they hook up with you they can easily avoid you afterwards if you turn out to be a creep

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe the friendzone exists. Girls arent obliged to want a relationship with you just because you want one. If a girl just wants to be friends right now, then why should she be accused of "friend zoning". Its a fair enough decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeroName)
    Guaranteed, check her next boyfriend and you'll see a wasteman.
    Ha maybe when you're at college.

Wait till you graduate from uni and start working. Any nice girl you meet that has a boyfriend, when you meet him he's guaranteed 5 years older, Oxbridge first, top job, does rowing/rugby/martial arts, wadded with cash, fluent in at least one other language, dressed like a boss.

ReputationRep:
    It's a polite rejection. It means she's already getting the D, she just doesn't want you and isn't interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Ha maybe when you're at college.

Wait till you graduate from uni and start working. Any nice girl you meet that has a boyfriend, when you meet him he's guaranteed 5 years older, Oxbridge first, top job, does rowing/rugby/martial arts, wadded with cash, fluent in at least one other language, dressed like a boss.
    Somehow, that latter person you've described seems a whole lot more achievable for people like me than the 'bad boy' image girls are said to flock to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.