Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HOW TO ASK A GIRL OUT? Let's come up with a definite guide.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I'd say it's usually better to chat for a little while before you ask because it establishes some common ground (i.e. a reason to ask other than you like her looks). A bit of flirting so that she is attracted to you. Then once you've got the ball rolling she'll be more likely to say yes.

The keys to this kind of stuff are to not be approval seeking or make it seem like you're too anxious since these things communicate insecurity. But other than that, yeah just go for it. The more regularly you do it, the less of a big deal becomes. Try to come at it from the mindset of knowing you have a great life regardless of the outcome of this particular interaction. A lot of this stuff is about having an attractive attitude. The most important thing is to think you're worth the chance (don't make excuses).
    This is really good advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    Try to be as clear as possible.
    Perhaps say "do you want to go on a date?"
    It sounds awkward, but if you've got the swag to pull it off then do.

When guys say do you want to meet up/go for a drink, I often correctly suspect theyre after "a good time." And I mean there's
    nothing wrong with wanting sex, but make it clear that's what you're after.
    Friendship, relationship, "good times"
    That's a good point. I mean I want to convey the asking out part especially on a date with a view to if we hit it off becoming a couple.

ReputationRep:
    How you ask someone out really depends on a situation by situation basis.

When it comes to meeting new women, it's generally good practice to start with some initial playful chat, find some common ground and then link it towards something that you can both do together that you'd enjoy. A safe bet is the usual drinks/dinner, but i've heard of people going for skydiving to Maccies so different things can work for different people.

The important thing is to know when to actually ask them out. If you take it too slow with some women, they'll get bored pretty fast. If you take it too fast with other women, you'll scare them off. You just have to figure out what kind of person they are on the fly and fine tune how flirty you are with them as well.

Alternatively you can approach women straight to the point e.g. go in with the 'You caught my eye, blah blah, want to go out sometime?' kind of line. Doesn't work with a lot of women, but works with others. But you at least know that the women that are receptive will be more solid on going on a date with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshah2)
    How do you ask a girl out in the following scenarios? I am a complete novice here.

1. You just met her at a conference
    2. You just met her freshers week
    3. You just met her at a friend's party or a social gathering
    4. You've just met her, and you want to be part of her life whether it be friendship or girlfriend. You don't want rejection!
    5. You've known her for a while/ are friends with her friends and she's become single.
    6. She's friends with one of your friends and you don't know how to hint that you like her!

What exactly do you say? I'm at uni. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to dating or asking girls out.
    The answer is the same for all scenarios, you bring her a cup of tea and say "that was fun, wanna do it again some time?".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLay1)
    This is really good advice.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    The answer is the same for all scenarios, you bring her a cup of tea and say "that was fun, wanna do it again some time?".
    Haha that's actually a nice one!

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's actually a nice one!
    Its always worked for me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    "Hey, do you wanna grab dinner or a drink sometime?"

That is a fairly definitive way of asking a girl out. Only the densest of people could not treat that as an offer of a date.

Hope this was helpful.
    This is the best I think. Just need the confidence!!

QFA
    I'm at a conference, casual sex it is. I presume I'm on familiar terms with her so I'd go for dinner and drinks with her before heading her back to her room/my room.

Easy. I'd go hello, my place?

I'd get to know her then casually hint at getting out of there for a bit of alone time.

4. You've just met her, and you want to be part of her life whether it be friendship or girlfriend. You don't want rejection!
    Just get to know her, don't think about the end goal, be flirty and confident, get to know her, show her that I'm the man she wants.

5. You've known her for a while/ are friends with her friends and she's become single.
    Take her on a girls night and then confess your feelings at the end of the night, sleep with her, date her and marry her... Worked for me.

6. She's friends with one of your friends and you don't know how to hint that you like her!
    What are you on about, I'd tell her.

For all of these, I'd be straight up honest about my feelings unless she's in a relationship in which case I'd keep quiet as I'm not a relationship breaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    1) Make sure you know her / have talked to her several times and had good convos.
    2) Message her on Facebook saying "are you around in the next few days? it would be nice to see you"
    3) After she replies enthusiastically, ask for her number so you can contact her when necessary
    4) Suggest if it would be nice to go for coffee somewhere like at Starbucks
    5) Ask her if she has a boyfriend after some conversing
    6) If she says no, ask her if she would like one and things should go easily from here
    Honestly great advice bro. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I'm at a conference, casual sex it is. I presume I'm on familiar terms with her so I'd go for dinner and drinks with her before heading her back to her room/my room.

Easy. I'd go hello, my place?

I'd get to know her then casually hint at getting out of there for a bit of alone time.

Just get to know her, don't think about the end goal, be flirty and confident, get to know her, show her that I'm the man she wants.

Take her on a girls night and then confess your feelings at the end of the night, sleep with her, date her and marry her... Worked for me.

What are you on about, I'd tell her.

For all of these, I'd be straight up honest about my feelings unless she's in a relationship in which case I'd keep quiet as I'm not a relationship breaker.
    RESPECT! Solid advice from the expert himself! Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    "Let's not turn this rape into a murder, k?"

ReputationRep:
    1) Meet
    2) Small talk
    3) Find common interests
    4) Flirt
    5) Escalate
    6) Initiate physicality
    7) First ****

At that point, you both have a decision to make.

This can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of years. Its best to have multiple (ie 10-20) works in progress at any point up until the 2nd ****.

ReputationRep:
    Or just let her ask you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Or just let her ask you out.
    Let's not pretend it's gonna happen to many guys on TSR in the near future

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: don't be a pussy
    Step 2: ask out for a drink/dinner

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give actual quotes on what to say as oppose to just descriptive text?
    "hello xyz"
    "etc etc"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Can someone give actual quotes on what to say as oppose to just descriptive text?
    "hello xyz"
    "etc etc"
    Come on man, there ain't a set formula.

(but being rich and/or very good looking helps)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will give someone £440 to come up with one for an Oriental guy who likes white girls.

ReputationRep:
    Kidnap her and hold her hostage. Otherwise groom an underage girl online and carry forward the relationship till she becomes 18 then remind her everytime of how much you've done for her through the years.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.