Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your goals and what are you doing to achieve them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My main goal at the moment is to run a half marathon in under two hours, to do that I'm training hard.
    Another goal is to complete Skyrim because I haven't had time to play it properly since I bought it what seems like an age ago, to do this I'm playing a lot of Skyrim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Very nice, how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotoflies)
    My main goal at the moment is to run a half marathon in under two hours, to do that I'm training hard.
    Another goal is to complete Skyrim because I haven't had time to play it properly since I bought it what seems like an age ago, to do this I'm playing a lot of Skyrim.
    Nice! I can appreciate the running. As for Skyrim, never played it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths learner)
    Impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Impressive.
    Thanks. How's your trading going? Any specific areas you're interested in?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. How's your trading going? Any specific areas you're interested in?
    I don't have the capital to trade. Equities mostly.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the capital to trade. Equities mostly.
    Ah right. I'd recommend if you're wanting to become a trader. Start with like 1-2k (ideally you need 10k, but smaller amounts are okay too). And keep a track record of all the trades you make.

Then when you go for job interviews take it with you, as it shows you're actually interested. And you will be able to have decent conversations with traders.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. I'd recommend if you're wanting to become a trader. Start with like 1-2k (ideally you need 10k, but smaller amounts are okay too). And keep a track record of all the trades you make.

Then when you go for job interviews take it with you, as it shows you're actually interested. And you will be able to have decent conversations with traders.
    I've just finished A-levels. I have a virtual portfolio, trade on US equity markets.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished A-levels. I have a virtual portfolio, trade on US equity markets.
    Ah right cool. Good start.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job in nutrition. I'll do this by hopefully securing a related placement year, doing well in my degree and then doing a masters.

Also trying to get a toned stomach - eating healthy and doing exercises which I think are helping?! It's working nicely now anyway.

Finally, I'm saving for Ragnaros on Hearthstone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georose)
    Get a job in nutrition. I'll do this by hopefully securing a related placement year, doing well in my degree and then doing a masters.

Also trying to get a toned stomach - eating healthy and doing exercises which I think are helping?! It's working nicely now anyway.

Finally, I'm saving for Ragnaros on Hearthstone
    Awesome. My sister has just started a degree to do with nutrition :P. I have no idea what Ragnaros is aha.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. My sister has just started a degree to do with nutrition :P. I have no idea what Ragnaros is aha.
    Nice, does she enjoy it? Haha he's just a casual firelord, y'know :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georose)
    Nice, does she enjoy it? Haha he's just a casual firelord, y'know :P
    Yeah she says it is interesting. Aha, of course I do . I'm more of a halo and gears of war player. XD.

ReputationRep:
    To attain satisfaction in life.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she says it is interesting. Aha, of course I do . I'm more of a halo and gears of war player. XD.
    Ah that's good I do enjoy Halo although I've never played gears of war!

ReputationRep:
    Goals: be intelligent, successful, and bring about world peace and equality. What am I doing? Nothing: sat on my ass chewing gum.

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I can appreciate the running. As for Skyrim, never played it.
    You enjoy running? Haha I really enjoy it, it's good to play a few hours to relax but I rarely get to play it recently.
    In terms of educational goals I'm hopefully going to Stafford Uni and doing the best I can in my forensics course, hopefully go on and get a masters then who knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotoflies)
    You enjoy running? Haha I really enjoy it, it's good to play a few hours to relax but I rarely get to play it recently.
    In terms of educational goals I'm hopefully going to Stafford Uni and doing the best I can in my forensics course, hopefully go on and get a masters then who knows
    I do. Ran a 100km a while back, and want to run the Western States 100 . Ah cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard Dawkins)
    My goal is to graduate with a 1st class degree and earn 100k-150k a year. Then I will move to Switzerland.

I'm studying to achieve this. Oh and I'm also learning French!
    Banking?

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    To pass my degree. Obviously I would want a first or 2.1 but tbh I'd be shocked at myself even just passing it. I'm studying my butt off and choosing modules I'm confident in to help me reach my goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.