Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World Cup 2014 Player of the Tournament? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who's been the best player at the 2014 World Cup?
    Di Maria
    2.94%
    Hummels
    0%
    Kroos
    2.94%
    Lahm
    0%
    Mascherano
    0%
    Messi
    11.76%
    Muller
    32.35%
    Neymar
    5.88%
    Robben
    5.88%
    Rodriguez
    38.24%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Mascherano deserves a vote for his brilliance in the knockout rounds. Rodriguez wins it for me, though, purely because he has set the public's imaginations alight.

ReputationRep:
    There is a golden glove award which is why Neuer is not on the list. Neuer, Navas and Romero

ReputationRep:
    Rodriguez by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    This list is absolutely bizarre:

Have no idea how Kroos is nominated, he's literally had 2 good games.

Di Maria even less

Lahm was poor at CM and just good at RB again for 2 games, how is he nominated?

Messi nominated for about 1 minute of combined action, but it's Messi so everyone will just ignore his averageness otherwise wont they?

Has to be James or Muller.
    Yep, pretty much.

These clowns will say Messi was MOTM even if he was on the bench injured the entire game. I dread to think how much more overrated he will become if Argentina win the Cup.

ReputationRep:
    For me Robben, Rodriguez have been consistently the best attacking players. Robben has not had enough credit really, if you are not going to give it to Rodriguez for only getting to a 1/4 final give it to Robben. He has been superb and constantly makes things happen for his team.

No chance Messi should get it. And why is Di Maria even in the list? Germany have put in a great collective effort. Muller and Hummels the standouts for me. But that's to take nothing away from the likes of Lahm and Kroos - who are also deservedly in the reckoning too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.