Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any other musicians on tsr? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I started playing the cornet in 2006, I think. I play in a brass band and have done since I started.

ReputationRep:
    brass band music is great. we have an LP of the Brigstock and Rastrick band greatest hits. marvellous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Guitar and harmonica
    Haha, your username is fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JFens)
    Haha, your username is fantastic!
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:
    I can sing (somewhat, millions are better than me but hey) and I can play a bit of piano. I've been making my own music on my computer (no samples) with a midi keyboard and drawing it out(depends what mood I'm in) I'm still an amateur though. I go by the name Wyld Wyvern online

ReputationRep:
    Just the simple classic acoustic, nylon stringed, mile thick-necked guitar. Oh, and a little bit of singing, but my soundcloud's a bit empty https://soundcloud.com/rick-merlin-van-ruth

I do recommend Lyricless 2 though, it's my favourite so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    Just the simple classic acoustic, nylon stringed, mile thick-necked guitar. Oh, and a little bit of singing, but my soundcloud's a bit empty https://soundcloud.com/rick-merlin-van-ruth

I do recommend Lyricless 2 though, it's my favourite so far

I really like Aliens 2, you are really good at playing guitar, could you look at my soundcloud please?

https://soundcloud.com/wyldwyvern/tracks

ReputationRep:
    I play keyboard/piano, limited guitar chords very badly and I attempt to sing. I've been playing the keyboard for about a year, but I've been having lessons for 7 months. I tried to play the guitar when I was 14, but I picked it up again last year and I can tell you, I am extremely bad. I still try though. I'd love to play something like the violin.

ReputationRep:
    My main instrument is the violin.
    I started when I was 4 so I have been playing for 12 years. I only play classical!
    Played in lots of youth orchestras including the National Youth Orchestra. I also play in a quartet with some friends and the school orchestra/ baroque group/ string group.

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing the piano recreationally for about 5 years. I was taught for the first two years and now I'm teaching myself. I'm not a professional by any means but I love to play and it helps me to relax.

ReputationRep:
    I started guitar in January 2013. I still suck completely!

ReputationRep:
    I started playing drums when I was 12, bass when I was 16, and guitar when I was 17, singing when I was 18 (by singing i mean fronting a band w/ guitar :P)

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing music for a while. Here's the last cringeworthy snippet of a band I've stuck with for eight years

https://soundcloud.com/gretchen-ross

to some of my own performances

and now ditching music to study Accounting and Finance

ps sorry for the shameless plugin

ReputationRep:
    I started playing guitar when I was about 12. But I quit after a year and picked up acoustic fingerstyle at about 15.

The wonders you can do on guitar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I started guitar in January 2013. I still suck completely!
    Haha, you'll get better with time, I'm sure - everyone does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Harold)
    My main instrument is the violin.
    I started when I was 4 so I have been playing for 12 years. I only play classical!
    Played in lots of youth orchestras including the National Youth Orchestra. I also play in a quartet with some friends and the school orchestra/ baroque group/ string group.
    wow! 4?
    You must be pretty good by now then
    Did you do grades?

ReputationRep:
    Occams Chainsaw was wicked on the piano. Smashed Avicii - Wake me up :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Was forced by my family to learn the piano when I was 6, and I absolutely hated it my class and teacher, and finally convinced them to let me give it up when I was 8. Then I just played for pleasure and taught myself the more advanced stuff, and I signed up for lessons with a different teacher when I was 13. Did up to grade 5 exams, and then I had to stop, as I was too busy with school work and exams, but still play on a daily basis. On Thursday, I received an A* for A Level music

ReputationRep:
    DRUMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JFens)
    wow! 4?
    You must be pretty good by now then
    Did you do grades?
    Yeah 4, I apparently asked of my own accord to learn believe it or not! I did my grade 8 when I was 11 (year 7, 5 years ago) and I have now done my Diploma and LRSM and FRSM, which is pretty cool because I get to have lots of letters after my name!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.