Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a male homosexual Biomedical Science 2nd year student anything! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    A lot of fun, but, next year promises to be harder...
    So, will have to see how things go.
    Cool, sounds good. What do you study in the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    Cool, sounds good. What do you study in the course?
    My options for the year coming (including compulsory) or the one just gone?

ReputationRep:
    My options for the year coming (including compulsory) or the one just gone?
    Both! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Year 1 compulsory units:

Biology and Disease
    Introduction to Microbiology
    Genetics and Evolution
    Cell Biology and Biochemistry
    Analytical Skills
    Human Physiology and Anatomy

Year 2:

Human Physiology - Compulsory
    Experimental Design and Analysis - Compulsory
    Immunology and Disease - Compulsory
    Studies in the Biology of Disease - Compulsory

Optional:
    Medicinal Chemistry
    Human Biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    What's the most personal question that someone could ask you?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a boyfriend?
    I wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aku-gila)
    What's the most personal question that someone could ask you?
    Personal Question?
    Don't really have one?

ReputationRep:
    I wish.
    Me too! So many boys are jerks aha.x

ReputationRep:
    Me too! So many boys are jerks aha.x
    That and 99% of the male population is heterosexual...

ReputationRep:
    That and 99% of the male population is heterosexual...
    That too :')!xo

ReputationRep:
    Example:
    I was helping one of my mates, who, tbh was CLUELESS in at least 2 modules, potentially 3 however, I feel the third he could have passed by himself.

He would often say "want to meet up at 10 tomorrow?", I say sure, not uncommon for him to be either 1-2 hours late.
    This also happened on public holidays and Sundays where the buses run far less frequently (or not at all) meaning I would often walk from my accomodation to campus (6 miles) there and another 6 back to help him and pretty much never got a thank you.

At one stage, I turned up and he didn't turn up at all (was 7 hours late...) and didn't get a message until I messaged him an hour after he was due to turn up because his girlfriend turned up without messaging me or anything telling me he was going to be late (luckily the buses were running).

So, like I said, while if I can help people, I will.
    Although, now I am unsure if I should use his own philosophy against him "sometimes commitments can't be kept" bull...

So, that sort thing...
    That sounds awful. I think it's cool that you stick to your commitments but don't let people walk all over you. This dude is treating you like bottom of the totem pole, zero priority, taking you for grant, eurgh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, yeah, ask me anything. =)
    Seen a few threads so I thought I'd join in too.

This coming September will be my second year in uni.
    hey fellow second year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4povfmX144
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Aww cool I done HNC biomedical science at college and now biology at uni

My question is - what subject/topic have you found most complicated in your degree so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, yeah, ask me anything. =)
    Seen a few threads so I thought I'd join in too.

This coming September will be my second year in uni.
    if you wanna be a teacher would it be best to do biochemistry rather than biomedical science to be a biology and chemistry teacher?
    If you wanna work in a lab or in a hospital would it be best to do a biomedical degree rather than biochem?
    and also does your degree preferably have to IBMS accredited, are you doing an IBMS accredited course? would it make things easier ... or is it better to go for a course that actually has 1 year industry rather that the IMBS accreditation .... also one final thing ..... what grades in what subjects did you get and what uni are you at ? .. sorry about all the question but these have been bugging me for quite some time now really sorry about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Aww cool I done HNC biomedical science at college and now biology at uni

My question is - what subject/topic have you found most complicated in your degree so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Microbiology - Not my favourite thing in the world (I prefer the macro to the micro) but I do find the process of the cell an interesting topic.
    Human physiology is my favourite topic I've covered though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantum2123)
    if you wanna be a teacher would it be best to do biochemistry rather than biomedical science to be a biology and chemistry teacher?
    If you wanna work in a lab or in a hospital would it be best to do a biomedical degree rather than biochem?
    and also does your degree preferably have to IBMS accredited, are you doing an IBMS accredited course? would it make things easier ... or is it better to go for a course that actually has 1 year industry rather that the IMBS accreditation .... also one final thing ..... what grades in what subjects did you get and what uni are you at ? .. sorry about all the question but these have been bugging me for quite some time now really sorry about this
    I prefer the mechanical over the chemical processes, hence why I chose Biomedical over Biochemistry.

Lab or hospital? - It depends on the field you want to get in, however, I don't do biochem and thus can't really speak for the course or any similarities or difference between them.

Yes, it is an IBMS course too and I believe it is better to go with the year in industry because most employers now are looking for experience because there are now more graduates than ever before...

Grades?
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Maths (with mechanics) - B
    I also did As level Physics and got a C in it - Physcs never really appealed to me

Just missed out on the entry requirements for the course but because of the *ucked up mess Edexcel made of their maths papers in 2013, the grade boundaries were a little loose when applying through clearing.

EDIT:
    I now have a question for you, why do you want to know which uni I go to? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the mechanical over the chemical processes, hence why I chose Biomedical over Biochemistry.

Lab or hospital? - It depends on the field you want to get in, however, I don't do biochem and thus can't really speak for the course or any similarities or difference between them.

Yes, it is an IBMS course too and I believe it is better to go with the year in industry because most employers now are looking for experience because there are now more graduates than ever before...

Grades?
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Maths (with mechanics) - B
    I also did As level Physics and got a C in it - Physcs never really appealed to me

Just missed out on the entry requirements for the course but because of the *ucked up mess Edexcel made of their maths papers in 2013, the grade boundaries were a little loose when applying through clearing.

EDIT:
    I now have a question for you, why do you want to know which uni I go to? :eyeball:
    I know this might sound stupid but what do you mean by mechanical processes? lol okay
    hmmm well I don't really mind I suppose hospital ...there was this course that I found that was IBMS accredited but it didn't have a year in industry so is that a no no then? ..... yehh:/ oh no ... are you gonna have a year in industry? ... do you know about whether its hard to find a job after getting a biomedical science degree? like are we in need or scientists in hospital or anything like that? ...what are your plans for after the course? ughhhh sorry for the many questions but I am literally really worried its a big commitment and I don't want to make a big mistake ..... hahah lel its just I if your enjoying your degree I was wondering which uni it was that you were going to but you don't have to name it 'tis fine :L and those are really good grades #welldone ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound stupid but what do you mean by mechanical processes? lol okay
    hmmm well I don't really mind I suppose hospital ...there was this course that I found that was IBMS accredited but it didn't have a year in industry so is that a no no then? ..... yehh:/ oh no ... are you gonna have a year in industry? ... do you know about whether its hard to find a job after getting a biomedical science degree? like are we in need or scientists in hospital or anything like that? ...what are your plans for after the course? ughhhh sorry for the many questions but I am literally really worried its a big commitment and I don't want to make a big mistake ..... hahah lel its just I if your enjoying your degree I was wondering which uni it was that you were going to but you don't have to name it 'tis fine :L and those are really good grades #welldone ^_^
    My lecturers are currently encouraging people to go into the food industry part of the course (human nutrition) because the government is looking to spend large amounts of money on nutrition meaning more jobs will be going in that field.

Also, mechanical means the mechanics of the body, i.e. how joint A connects bones B and C, how the bladder works, how the stomach works, how the immune system works etc...

Not so much how aspirin breaks down and requires a bizillion steps to memorise...

ReputationRep:
    However, your tutor will be able to guide you through the processes and what's hot in the job departments at the moment, or, at least mine have given us hints.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.