Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    Okay, that's fine. No it's not invalid. I was proving your point wrong. It had nothing to do with what the OP was saying. Clearly, I misunderstood the marking bit, but you clearly misunderstand the deadlines. This will go in circles if you can't agree to disagree.
    I've re-read through your previous posts to see if I was missing something, however I wasn't. You said that deadlines are 'way before' May, which implied that the deadlines for this series of exam are before May. In reply to my post you said that deadlines are 'NOW in May'. Do you not see the contradiction? I'm not having a go at you, I'm simply preventing other people from receiving incorrect information.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TechnoSurvey)
    I've re-read through your previous posts to see if I was missing something, however I wasn't. You said that deadlines are 'way before' May, which implied that the deadlines for this series of exam are before May. In reply to my post you said that deadlines are 'NOW in May'. Do you not see the contradiction? I'm not having a go at you, I'm simply preventing other people from receiving incorrect information.
    It was not a contradiction, it was a correction. I made an error and I had looked over and corrected my mistake.The estimated grades and etc, deadlines are usually in the Q4 of the year. As it is seen on the link I did put. I don't know how you can challenge me on it, when it's there in black and white.

ReputationRep:
    It was not a contradiction, it was a correction. I made an error and I had looked over and corrected my mistake.The estimated grades and etc, deadlines are usually in the Q4 of the year. As it is seen on the link I did put. I don't know how you can challenge me on it, when it's there in black and white.
    Which page in the document are you referring to? I would like to take a look.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Which page in the document are you referring to? I would like to take a look.
    From October, onwards

ReputationRep:
    From October, onwards
    You have read the document wrong. From October onwards they are providing information about the actual exams (exam entry and prelimniary material). By checking questions papers, they mean reviewing the actual exam, hence why they say question papers and not answer papers/booklets. There is no mention of CA's in October. Hope you have understood where you've gone wrong.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You have read the document wrong. From October onwards they are providing information about the actual exams (exam entry and prelimniary material). By checking questions papers, they mean reviewing the actual exam, hence why they say question papers and not answer papers/booklets. There is no mention of CA's in October. Hope you have understood where you've gone wrong.
    What are you on about? I'm on about grades aha. I've past caring about the exams, examiners, marking etc. I was on about grade predictions and forecasting grades and cash-ins etc.

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about? I'm on about grades aha. I've past caring about the exams, examiners, marking etc. I was on about grade predictions and forecasting grades and cash-ins etc.
    I see. You confused me on the post where you said deadlines are now in May, which made me think you were talking about CA's.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I see. You confused me on the post where you said deadlines are now in May, which made me think you were talking about CA's.
    No-no, as I did say - I made a correction, which you seem to have no seen perhaps. But as I said, I misunderstood, and so did you.

ReputationRep:
    No-no, as I did say - I made a correction, which you seem to have no seen perhaps. But as I said, I misunderstood, and so did you.
    Mhm.

ReputationRep:
    Deadlines are NOW in May, because November, Jan and March exams have been axed. However before this was from October.

AQA: http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/calend...DATES-1314.PDF all dates.... If I'm wrong, this must be wrong too. So pipe down.
    Deadlines for submitting forecast grades for the summer have been in May for at least 10 years. The AQA' document you've linked doesn't suggest anything different
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    First off, obtaining a level 6c for an essay is pretty good in itself.

1. If you are disappointed with the mark you achieved then take into consideration the comments that the teacher gives you and make sure you include the notes that she/he states in your next essay.

2. Try working on technique too - whether be English where you're analysing poems or adverts or History where you're developing an essay about a certain time period.

3. Make sure you always make a plan before writing an essay because your ideas will flow nicely in chronological order and you won't be marked down for having a sloppy essay and having a peculiar structure that is difficult to grasp.

4. In GCSE exams, examiners will not know your target grade so they will not base your written work on the target grade you've achieved because they have no idea. Write efficiently, effectively, and to the point to get maximum marks and the grade you want to achieve.

Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.