Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going homeless is my only option Watch

(Original post by littleangel9914)
    Damn it sounds like your almost a prisoner in what is meant to be your home. I don't understand why your parents think it's okay to do this just because your a girl it seems. Where they always this controlling? I wish I knew more so I could be of some help but I strongly recommend you start the naturalization process. I've just looked at the form online and I think your main problem is going to be getting the two referees required as you sound quite excluded and maybe trying to hide what you are doing from your parents. How old are your siblings could they help you, maybe cover for you. I hope you manage to get out of this horrible situation and build a life away from these people
    Thank you for your reply, they've always been like this ever since I refused to do their career choice and they started their abuse ever since then.

Sorry what exactly is the naturalisation? Do I have to give up my French passport and by the reference does it have to be family members? I can get my teachers and uni tutor's if it's allowed. Can you also let me know where I can find the form online please, thanks

My siblings are quite young and they are the reasons why I kept quiet all these years, I was and am scared of what social service will do with them. My parents really care about the family name and honour.

ReputationRep:
    You really need to speak to social services, that is their job.

Update: the same women refuge sent the police to see if I was alright when I didn't reply to their emails and the police made up an excise that something happened in my school. They also gave me their work emails to contact if anything happens - shall I email them and ask if I have other alternative options from housing benefit

Also my mum is getting paranoid that something might have happened to me inside because I am still in pain from her and my dad beating me up. I am going to my GP - shall I tell her the truth that I was beaten up and not the excuse I used. Also if they take me away no refuge would take me because I have no housing benefit

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents that if they lay one more finger at you you're calling the police and their children will be taken away.
    And please don't feel like everything is lost, you will be fine, trust! There's aways help available if you look for it. Keep working hard and doing your best and I'm sure you'll have a beautiful future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Update: the same women refuge sent the police to see if I was alright when I didn't reply to their emails and the police made up an excise that something happened in my school. They also gave me their work emails to contact if anything happens - shall I email them and ask if I have other alternative options from housing benefit

Also my mum is getting paranoid that something might have happened to me inside because I am still in pain from her and my dad beating me up. I am going to my GP - shall I tell her the truth that I was beaten up and not the excuse I used. Also if they take me away no refuge would take me because I have no housing benefit
    You really need to tell the gp and police the truth, they can help you and make sure you're safe

Update: I've told the keyworker about me getting injured and ending up going to the hospital. She took notes of it and will talk with her manager.

I still will be able to get housing benefit because the government changed the law on April 2014 - I haven't contributed to the system at all as I have never worked (my parents tried to hit me when I mentioned abolut getting work).

She said the other only way for me to escape is by getting a job with accommodation but I do not have the experience (ie hotel, nanny). Does anyone know any jobs I can get like that - I have administrative experience?

I feel like there's no hope

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could help you, but I am not a UK resident so have no idea...

someone help her please...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP look for 'live in' jobs all over the UK (so long as you can get yourself there then where it is shouldn't matter).

Here's some that I've found for you:

http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/The-Word...e9947fcb02a883 (This one is in a really lovely place.)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/housekeepin...ble/1109544096 (Again, this is a really nice place.)

http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Novus-Ca...e2aff1ff8bc067 (There are a lot of live-in care jobs in the UK and they often do not require experience - they train you up quickly. This on requires a DBS, if you don't have one that might be something to consider if you can afford it)

http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Lake-Dis...3b7673c0e3364b (Another lovely location! There is a lot of work like this in the Lake District)

Have a look on a bunch of job sites and type in 'live in' on 'job type' and leave the location blank or type 'anywhere'.
    I hope you find somewhere to move to soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.